Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok-I gotta ask...

I read through all the posts and see folks refer to their SSRs by name as "Black Betty" or "Sponge Bob" or "Eleanor", etc., etc....How did you get a feel as to whether yours was a boy or a girl?

Every car I've had has been a chick.....

And for me, they seem to name themselves.

My SSR is Betsy, the Black Beauty.

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Memory machine

When I was a little girl I remember my grandad called his car' Betsy' and my dad had a 66 blue chevy pickup that he named "Blue". so of course my SSR had to be named'Betsy Blue'. My last car was a plum colored 92 Caddy and her name was 'Plum Purty'. I guess all my rides are girls. It's a family tradition! :flag :grouphug

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anything that looks this good with it's top down must be a GIRL!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mail

Devastator Knows what his is. Just look under from the back. :glol :glol

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
it's a tough call

The SSR has a

.........masculine stance.

.......................sexy figure

.......................mucle car power

.......................gets treated like a baby

.......................is a work of art on wheels

.......................called my "toy" by the wife

.......................is a blast to drive anywhere

.......................Attracts attention where ever it goes

.......................and just plane looks cool, sitting still or moving

So I'll have to go with SLEEK, SEXY, RADICAL machine. Niether gender oriented that is my TOY

·
Registered
256 Posts
That controversy started with ships. Being a man's world, men on the ship referred to anything that you can enter, such as ships, planes and cars etc as female. Also, because of the ship, being like a mother (caring and protective), would carry them through hard battles and home safe. But leave it to some women to twist this around and make it sound chauvinist, which it isn't meant to be. Vehicles have been referred to has she's for a very long time and why change something that is meant for good reasons. :angel

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Some things don't change

:agree Most of us on this thread are in agreement that our SSRs are female, so guess there's not much controversy on this thread :flag

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I call mine my scooter so I guess its name is Scooter. But normally I spend most of my money on women ;) So I wonder if mine is male or female? cuz I defintely have spent alot of money on it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've never named any of my cars, but when I was a kid my father had a old, beat-up dump truck that had been (re)painted with what was probably the cheapest, ugliest shade of green I've ever seen.

He called it "The Green Diamond."

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
BobA said:
Devastator Knows what his is. Just look under from the back. :glol :glol
Mine keeps going thru a sex change............or the waters ice cold ! :jester

·
Registered
164 Posts
Rodney....

It's a truck... the name just happens... and Rodney Roadster was the moniker we (my significant other and I) chose. We've had Annie Acura, Christine Chrysler, Freddie Ford (my '49 F1 Pickup), Jerry Jeep, and I had a Nellie Newport... my kids have named my other cars the Blue Whale (1976 Chrysler Newport), the Gray Mold (1978 Dodge Magnum... charcoal gray) and then there was the Party Wagon (my first full size van) Guess all the truck/SUV type vehicles seem to have a masculine name, and the cars a feminine name. :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Devastator & FatherLarry-

Devastator-You crack me up! Thanks for the good laugh this morning!

FatherLarry-Thanks for the explanation. No chauvinistic slant here-just honestly wondering, because our SSR is kind of a blend of both worlds-but definitely not a transsexual! hahaha!!

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
My vehicles have always been female. The SSR is called my girlfriend because I am always out rubbing her down and spending my time with her (as stated by my current girlfriend with jealousy).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts