Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you Slingshot Yellow SSR guys :yellow: and gals :yellow:, just "unboxed" an O Gauge Lionel Car Carrier Railroad Car that stacks 4 generic cars (2 up & 2 down). Well ole Bob took her apart and REPLACED the 4 generic cars with 4 beautiful Slingshot Yellow Hallmark Ornament SSR's.

:yellow: :yellow:

Boy, do the 2 riding on top really look nice. Actually had the Car Carrier Car for some time, probably a couple of years, looked at it once with generic cars "ugly". NOT anymore with the Slingshot Yellow SSR's lookin' cool. :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr ps Wish I could put a picture of it on the Web. Bob

·
Premium Member
5,867 Posts
Hey you Slingshot Yellow SSR guys :yellow: and gals :yellow:, just "unboxed" an O Gauge Lionel Car Carrier Railroad Car that stacks 4 generic cars (2 up & 2 down). Well ole Bob took her apart and REPLACED the 4 generic cars with 4 beautiful Slingshot Yellow Hallmark Ornament SSR's. Boy do the 2 riding on top really look nice. Actually had the Car Carrier Car for some time, probably a couple of years, looked at it once with generic cars "ugly". NOT anymore with the Slingshot Yellow SSR's lookin' cool. :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr ps Wish I could put a picture of it on the Web. Bob

:yellow: :yellow
Is that a sly hint you want me to take a picture and post it. Well it is like Col Jessep (Jack Nicholson) said to Lt Kaffee (Tom Cruise) in A FEW GOOD MEN "You Have To Ask Me Nicely"

·
Georgia SSRers
1,008 Posts
Hey you Slingshot Yellow SSR guys :yellow: and gals :yellow:, just "unboxed" an O Gauge Lionel Car Carrier Railroad Car that stacks 4 generic cars (2 up & 2 down). Well ole Bob took her apart and REPLACED the 4 generic cars with 4 beautiful Slingshot Yellow Hallmark Ornament SSR's.
Bob
Hey BOBBER, Spend a little of your ample spare time and PAINT some of those Yeller (Taxi Cabs) and make your Train Car MUCH prettier ! Really NEED a BLACK and certainly a PURPLE (Best looking of ALL SSRs)

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,447 Posts
Hey you Slingshot Yellow SSR guys
and gals
, just "unboxed" an O Gauge Lionel Car Carrier Railroad Car that stacks 4 generic cars (2 up & 2 down). Well ole Bob took her apart and REPLACED the 4 generic cars with 4 beautiful Slingshot Yellow Hallmark Ornament SSR's.

Boy, do the 2 riding on top really look nice. Actually had the Car Carrier Car for some time, probably a couple of years, looked at it once with generic cars "ugly". NOT anymore with the Slingshot Yellow SSR's lookin' cool. /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png tennesseecozydog
ps Wish I could put a picture of it on the Web. Bob
A red one would probably be too fast and cause a derailment!

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,505 Posts
Sorry, Bob . . .

NO PICTURES . . . It doesn't exist.

! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: !

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey BOBBER, Spend a little of your ample spare time and PAINT some of those Yeller (Taxi Cabs) and make your Train Car MUCH prettier ! Really NEED a BLACK and certainly a PURPLE (Best looking of ALL SSRs)
Hey freddie, I got a Silver one, a Green one with Black fenders, a Red one and I'm fixin' to paint a Purple one and then one odd color like White. BOBBER :ssr I'm retired and I have a hard time finding time to "paint"

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that a sly hint you want me to take a picture and post it. Well it is like Col Jessep (Jack Nicholson) said to Lt Kaffee (Tom Cruise) in A FEW GOOD MEN "You Have To Ask Me Nicely"
Actually Robert I completely forgot you was an expert at SSR web site photographs. Can I make an appointment to get a couple of pix ??? Bob Thanks a 1,000,000 :ssr

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,048 Posts
Always thought it would be neat to have some matchbox SSR's but don't think they ever made them.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
5,867 Posts
Actually Robert I completely forgot you was an expert at SSR web site photographs. Can I make an appointment to get a couple of pix ??? Bob Thanks a 1,000,000 :ssr
Had to buy Bob lunch for him to let me take pictures of his train layout and the SSR's being transported. Actually it was his lovely wife Jan's birthday. Bob has quite a Train layout. Bob even has a snowblower with a Slingshot yellow SSR. He said it was probably AUGGIE. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,048 Posts
Looks like me with the snow blower. Going to have to slow that train down with all that YELLOW!!!

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like me with the snow blower. Going to have to slow that train down with all that YELLOW!!!
That is you Auggie !!! I put the Yellow SSR over on that (Jan's) table and told SWT RYD, Auggie will like that (actually has a Blue prototype SSR that sets there with the mirrors on the upper part of the doors). The prototype is more the scale of the Department 56 buildings and figures. Bob.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Had to buy Bob lunch for him to let me take pictures of his train layout and the SSR's being transported. Actually it was his lovely wife Jan's birthday. Bob has quite a Train layout. Bob even has a snowblower with a Slingshot yellow SSR. He said it was probably AUGGIE. Enjoy.
Thanks again for the pictures Robert ... good job. "Who Cares" additional info ... in the 2nd picture the little Blue rod on top of the Street Rod building is electrified and rotates round & round. The next building is a replica of Hayes Brothers first 2 bay "shop" 7 mile East of town and the setting in the upper right corner, I built after listening to Dolly Parton's song "JOSHUA" which she wrote and sang.

·
Lost In The 50's
1,156 Posts
WOW and WOW again!!!!

Lookin' good Bob!!!! Nice hobby when it's too cold and nasty to go outside. Enjoy.....Ron:seeya

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Great train set up. The kid with the snow blower next to the SSR with the top down made me laugh.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great train set up. The kid with the snow blower next to the SSR with the top down made me laugh.
Good observation Walston. That is actually Auggie Doggie "up" in Sturgis, South Dakota. He cleared his driveway and just backed his SSR out to give it a "little runnin' time" and "ran" the top up and down and left it down "hoping" a USA Today photographer or Jim Cantore of the Weather Channel would come by and he would get some National publicity :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You know his wife goes by Miss Sunshine :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lookin' good Bob!!!! Nice hobby when it's too cold and nasty to go outside. Enjoy.....Ron:seeya
Actually "sweet" the fun part is building it ... after you get it built all you can do is run the trains once in a while, maybe move some buildings or vehicles around and of course "show it off" Actually have 10 engines of which 6 are 70 years old. Jan's Dad built a nice 24 x 16 layout in 47 after World War II for her. Have just one new steam Locomotive that puff's smoke, a bell, whistle and talks. I can only run 3 at a time (2 on the 5 x18 table & 1 on the 5 x9 table). Bob Alexander :ssr

1 - 20 of 45 Posts