Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a recent funeral trip to Pa. with my Aqua Blur. 700 miles down US-23 in MIchigan, across Ohio Turn Pike, #90 across Cleveland to Erie, Pa. and then back. I saw one SSR, the one I was driving! Not a glimpse of any outhers. Guess they have been put away for winter.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Winter-Unknown

I have seen very few over the last two months. I don't put mine into storage until late November (depending on the weather) . The weather has been good so far. This past summer I only saw a total of five in my area anyway. It was beautiful here today and I saw everthing out and about except an SSR.

·
Premium Member
31,294 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
This past summer I only saw a total of five in my area anyway.
Whaddya mean? What about the dozen of them parked on your front lawn back in August? :lol

Meanwhile, it's down in the 30's here at night and I'm still out there. Somewhat not by choice though. My daily driver truck has a serious brake line leak I gotta get fixed. :(

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Parking for 30

ssr71 Whaddya mean? What about the dozen of them parked on your front lawn back in August? :lol

You know when I was typing this, I knew someone was going to say somtehing about the 30 SSR's parked in my driveway. :) NO I didn't forget about that!! I wish it was like that everyday here. But unfortunatley that just hasn't been the case for a while now. :ssr X 30 :lol :lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
where oh where

I agree, there just isn't a lot of SSR's out and about. My wife and I just took our baby on it's first vacation, from western N.C. to Cocoa Beach. We had a little bet going about how many we would see, I guessed 3 and she went for 7. Well I won but the ones we did see were across the hwy ,one yellow near JAX, one silver on the way to Orlando to see animal kingdom and then one red parked in Cocoa with a Fla plate MPULSIV I love that plate!!! 2otters :ssr

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
We drove from Va. Bch. to NIagara Falls, to Nova Scotia and Back to VB and saw only two. A black one in Nova Scotia and Marc's silver one in New York.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,279 Posts
I recently drove roundtrip from Georgia to California, spent just over a week in both northern and southern California and only saw one in the 5600 miles I drove.

:flag

·
Registered
893 Posts
I love it that way

I hope your not all complaning.......I love it ....not seeing many SSRs.....Altho in this town in KY.where I'm staying now, with a population of about 7000...there are 3.....2 Reds and one black(mine).....It's nice not meeting myself comming round every other corned.....And the others here are very rarely seen....Now take the Corvette....(Cookie cutter)....which I almost bought (I've had several) Can't drive 5 miles without seeing 1 or 2 or more..... :seeya

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I recently drove out to IL from NJ and I only saw one other SSR. I wish I would had the time to see MR Merlin's when I was out that way but family " doings " kept me busy.

Jim

·
Registered
138 Posts
atleast you get to see SSRs in your area :)

in my country there are only 6
2 yellows (including me)
red
silver
black

white ( the owner painted the car in a pearl white color)

E

·
0 Posts
In early June, we drove from San Diego to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore, to Milwaukee to meet up with the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour. On the HRPT we saw probably 10 other SSR including several that are part of this forum. The HRPT went from Milwaukee to Kissimee Fl. When we left Florida we tooks I-10 staight across the country, a total of 7300 miles. Including those on the PT, we didn't see more that 15 SSR's. Not many on the road.

·
Registered
67 Posts
At least one good thing about California

Here in California we can drive them all year round. Unfortunatly I work a lot and dont have the time (quality time) to spend with my true love. but as long as the sun is shining... well ok as long as its not raining dirve drive drive.... Sometimes its hard to think of a place to go for some reason or another, and I just sit in her in the garage...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts