Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll get thing started.

Festivities started Friday evening when a group of us got together at Johnny Carinos for a dinner. I don't think anyone went away hungry. Tootsie learned what the little flames on the menu mean.

Early Saturday we met at the Chevy dealer to start prepping our trucks. A little nippy early. Light frost at my house and a couple people got the "Ice warning" message. Things warmed up and it turned into a beautiful day.

Attachments

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We then drove to the staging area, did some final prepping on the trucks and waited for our turn to join the parade. Don't worry Bernie, I won't mention what you had to follow. :glol

Attachments

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Great Shots!!! I like the creative decorations too...

Awsome pictures!!!! Freeze warning in Florida???
Here in California too! :cool Right at 32 last nite - lower tonight. :willy: I'm having to protect some of my more sensitive plants...

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Pictures

We made it home safely

Once again we had a really great time with really great people :)

parking at carinos friday night, me and tootsie(reflection of elizabeth taking picture on the door), luckypunk and his coca cola polar bear, focks with his great new paint

Attachments

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Parade

Now that looks like a lot of fun!! We can't do that here due to all the darn salt on the roads. Maybe I'll shoot for a Christmas in July Parade in MI.

The SSR's decorated look great! I escpecially love the snow globe :thumbs Now that's how to make snow when you don't have any.

I was out making the best of winter today. We have three fresh new inches of snow on the ground. I still managed to BBQ steak's for dinner. Nothing like bringing in a little of summer in the the middle of winter.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
more..

spanish fort matanzas built in 1738 still guarded by Pablo, then off to the new harley store where Tootsie got so excited she went on a shopping spree( I was able to get one T-shirt), off to dinner at Billy's Tap Room and Grill, our waitress demanding payment from Focks when we sent the bill to him :glol

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thank You

Thank you all for coming to the Christmas Parade! We had a wonderful time seeing you all! Thanks for putting up with the long hours :thumbs
By the way - all you Georgia people are always welcome! (Big Daddy, Digital, etc... :glol )

Here's a few pictures that we got from the day.
Our Mirror view of the parade
A few of the locals
Lunch at the dealership
Mike stuck in the fort? :jester

Special thanks to Paul at Jack Wilson Cheverolet for cooking lunch.
Thanks to dingbat for setting up dinner Friday night
Thanks to Jeff & Terri for setting up dinner at Billy's Saturday night.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
where did the little snow flakes on the smokin' asphalt come from? I need some for my SSR this coming Saturday..

·
Registered
349 Posts
It looks like y'all had a great time! :thumbs

I'm in Scottsdale, AZ now. I sure wish I could have spent this weekend with you guys. (Thanks for the pics.) There was no way I could even make dinner on Saturday. Too much prep work for Cold Stone school. :(

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
my guess is the snow flakes are the static clings you can get at wal greens, wal mart, michaels, etc.... They look cool!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
ChrisXXL said:
heres 3 shots of 6.0togo chuck really went all out all we heard during the parade from the kids were " Look at the snow globe its a snowman!" :)
last is our big present(ignore the PT in front of us) hehe
Come to Chicago so your SSR can feel some real snow flakes. I'm jealous,
resentful and envious: not necessarily in that order. Mine's been asking to see what snow feels like but I refuse to let it; I told it that it might catch a cold. :cuss :mad :cuss :mad

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
St Augustine Parade

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT PHOTOS--HAD A BLAST-THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT ORGANIZATION AND CONVERSATIO0N-MADE IT HOME OK-NO DOSE TIME ENROUTE-GOT THE SPIRIT AND DECORATED THE HOMESTEAD ON SUNDAY-YES THE SNOW FLAKES ARE AT WALMART/WALGREENS ETC-WITH WARM/HOT SURFACE THE CAN BE PRESSED ON WITH A FINGER-OTHERWISE WATER AND SQUEEEZE OUT AS WITH OTHER DECALS....LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT AND NEXT AND NEXT TIME...CHUCKSTR :party :party

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Snowflakes are the static cling type. Got some at Walgreen and some at a party store. I started the day with 65 on mine and ended with 43. I think Bernie and Liz caught one and Jeff and Terri tried for another. I didn't take them off til I got home so there was some drive time involved.

The weather was affecting how they stuck. I found if you mist the area with water from a spray bottle and smooth it out with a towel they would stick very well. Gave a few the 90MPH test and they passed :thumbs

Attachments

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Just wanted to say we had a great time (while it lasted!). On the last turn of the parade, near the church, we saw some familiar faces in the crowd - MY IN-LAWS! :eek :eek Needless to say, the cell phone started ringing and we were stuck spending the afternoon with them.

It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting some great new people. Everyone's SSRs looked fantastic! Wish we had gotten to do the Fort tour, and eat at Billy's again - looked like a great time!

:seeya

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Got back home this evening @6:30p. I guess my foot got a little heavy on the gas pedal, since I left Ed's (Purple Penelope) house @6 ish this morning. Hmm that was a heck of a drive in short order to get home. But with warnings of inclimate weather heading into Dallas starting sometime tomorrow, I decided I wasn't ready to test the traction control on the possible ice heading our way.

Ed and Maddie, thank you very much for letting me stop off there both coming and going. Your place is great, (Even with that in house terrorist)! :yesnod I look forward to returning the favor.

Bernie and Elizabeth, I also want to thank you for setting up your B&B for my Friday and Saturday rest stop. Its was great to catch up with new friends who are on their way to becoming 'ol friends. :thumbs Let me know when you are coming to town and I can set up a meeting with my painter. I am sure Wildcat would be only too happy top give you her spot on the painting list. :willy:

The trip out there was a lot of fun. I had 4 seperate police/highway patrol cruisers come flying up on my tail with their lights on, just to slow down next to me, give my truck the once over, a thunbs up, then they backed off. The first time it really scared the hell out of me.

The parade was a lot of fun too, although I dont think Bernie wants to drive near me next time. While I did not decorate my car for the parade, I had scores of people applaud my little truck and the new paint job. I would have to say out of all those people at least 1/3 of them were kids, with comments like; That is Suweet" "Off the cuff" and "Wicked" I could not have been prouder. Will post some picks tomorrow after I clean her up, but I have been told that the pics I have posted so far do not give her justice.

Thanks again to all involved with the Florida jaunt. I had a blast!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts