Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale: The StabiliSSR hardware kit for the front bumper of a Chevrolet SSR. The front bumper is made of a flexible plastic that has considerable movement while driving. You can see the movement by grabbing hold of the bumper below the running lights and observing the flex in the system. You can also guage the amount of movement by turning on your running lights at night (center button on headlight switch) and watching the amount of jiggle that you see in the headlight pattern.

What the StabiliSSR does is connect the lower part of the bumper to the frame, giving a completely stable and solid look and feel to the car. The StabiliSSR is custom formed to match the curve of the bottom of the bumper and is made of .125" aluminum and will never rust. The bracket is bolted behind the bumper is is completely out of view unless you crawl under the truck and look behind the bumper.

All hardware required for the upgrade is included. You will need a drill, screw driver, and wrenches, and the installation will take about 30min. Complete instructions and templates for drilling into the hidden lip of the bumper are included. Minimal mechanical skills are required. I have installed these on my SSR and taken it over 100MPH to make sure that the system will hold and not damage the bumper. It works great and totally eliminates the bumper shake that the stock setup has. Again, the installation is easy. Bring your SSR to Austin, Tx and I'll do the install for free, it's that easy.

You can find the StabiliSSR listed on Ebay by seaching for stabilissr or email me at [email protected]. Please include "StabiliSSR" in the title and I will send a request for payment from PayPal to the sending email address. There is a 10% discount for SSR Fanatic supporting members. The price is $40.00 with free shipping. A copy of the installation instructions are included in this post so you can see exactly how it works and the skill involved to install.

Check posts in the Tech discussion on this forum to see the reactions from other SSR owners. I think you will find this to be a great addition to your SSR.

Attachments

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,782 Posts
Endorsement....

I bought the StabiliSSR from texster68 several months ago and didn't install it as I had a chin spoiler ordered and wouldn't know if there would be interference between the two. Not the case!!!

I put the StabiliSSR on each side before installing the spoiler. Follow the instructions as written and pictured. I recommend you use a lift as your elbow only turns in so many directions and drilling is much easier when you can see what your doing. Go to my gallery for a pix of the install.

Let me make this statement....if your getting a spoiler you absoutely need two of these to support the additional weight (15lbs) placed on the facia by the spoiler The spoiler tends to push down on the facia. The front facia is rock solid NOW and the spoiler does not move one iota as well.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,903 Posts
Texster - Take a look on EBay, he sells them there quite often. Do a search for the keyword and you should see it. If there isn't one there now there should be another one listed soon, sooner than he's taking to respond to your post here.

:seeya

·
Registered
255 Posts
A must have for any SSR owner

I installed the StabiliSSR on my 04 and I believe it's a must have for any owner.

It eliminates some of the front end shake that I didn't like the SSR having. Makes the car feel a lot tighter together in the front end.

I would recommend it for any SSR owner.

Only caution is you might need some tools that you don't have because of the tight working conditions where it mounts. I used a small dremel drill for the holes. A regular size drill is just not going to fit. And I used a small rachet philip head for the screws. I couldn't get a screw driver in there.

A small suggestion would be to use a finer threaded bolt, similar to the one you remove. The manufacturer said he might switch to the finer threaded bolt, so in that case you're OK as is. Also, use some lock tight on the threads to be sure that they don't loosen up. Another suggestion someone else had was that they painted it black so it really looks like it came originally with the car. I would do that after you installed it first to make sure you installed it right, also without any lock tight. Remove it and then paint it and use lock tight for the final installation.

I'm happy with the results and think you would be too. :)

Carl

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
StabilSSR received, installed, vast improvement. Recommend for all. Installation piece of cake, takes a little twisting and turning with tools but not bad. Good thing I checked under the front. I had two buttons missing at GM's rubber chin spoiler. Guess it's time to look into one of Mike's custom fit jobs.

·
Registered
596 Posts
stabilissr

This is a great product, thanks Texter!

I didn't even run my fog lights before once I saw how much they vibrated. I didn't like the idea of distracting the other drivers. Now, with the stabilissr brackets installed, the vibration is gone! I can run the fogs when I want, and I feel like it is just better for overall wear and tear of the front fascia to not have the vibrations any more.

I recommend this project wholeheartedly, it's something Chevy should have designed into our trucks from the beginning!

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
E-mail sent, This product makes sense to me. Mine viberate like a mother and I have been told that it looks like my fog light goes off and on but I have seen other that look the same to me and I think this will take care of that problem.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,758 Posts
Got a set too

I installed mine a year ago and have been thrilled with how stable the fascia has become.

I would recommend that once you have mounted them, take them back off and paint them "semi-flat" black. They will completely disappear when you re-install.

Great product.......:thumbs

Mike

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I just installed mine today it did take me longer than 30 min. Because the ramps I was trying to go up on kept sliding and then the back one on the gas side took me a while to figure out even though the directions are straight forward and the pictures show exactually what you need to do I guess i was just having a stupid day today but I also installed a new set of Fog lamps and the lighted windsupressor today also so not a bad day. I got side tracked the brackets stiffen up the bumpers right nicely.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.