Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got finished today putting on the braces. They went in very well and now hold the front nose piece more solidly. Great product.

Also put on some rear splash guards. No problem there but looking at the piece of rubber/plastic that fills in the area behind the tire that goes from the fender to frame, I was floored! Does not even attach at the frame side at all. I could see the marks on the frame where it has been rubbing back and forth. What a worthless piece of engineering. Just my humble thoughts. Maybe another stabilissr piece needs to be thought about and marketed.

Wally

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stabilissr

Just wanted to say ditto about the stsbilissr braces. I intalled mine about 2
weeks ago, and what an major improvement! I have no more bobbling of
my fog lights now when approaching street or hwy. signs. This product has
made the bottom front facia very sturdy now.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
StabiliSSR in Phoenix

I installed mine last night. 30 minute installation and a rock solid front end now. No more light jiggle.

Just an anal side note... :angel I pulled them back off and painted them black after drilling the holes in the bumper fascia. They now look like they have been there from the beginning.

Nice product. :thumbs Simple install. :thumbs Everybody needs to do this!!!! :thumbs

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
DId you have to do anything special to install the braces? Tools? :seeya

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
the hardest part was drilling three holes in the fascia (rear flange) on each side. way simple. do a search for stabilissr and find the instructions...... no sweat.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. I agree with your assessment. I like the feel of washing the front bumper without having it bounce around.

BTW, I don't do this for a living...this is strictly a garage project. Actually I use the StabiliSSR as bait to get my two college boys home on the weekend(money or girls are all that work). They've both learned that whenever they ask for more money, the answer is to drop by and earn it. You dads will understand, for me the best quality time I have with them these days is time spent in the garage making StabiliSSR's.

I've relisted on EBAY or check the SSR parts section to contact me directly. Thanks for the quality time with my boys, and I'm sure you will like the product.

Chris in Texas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts