Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever unwrapped a new chrome item, and encountered a stain? Looks like maybe a light chemical stain for manufacturing. I have tried wax with micro fiber. windex with micro fiber. Don't want to use anything abrasive. Anybody encounter this? Thx, D

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Has anyone ever unwrapped a new chrome item, and encountered a stain? Looks like maybe a light chemical stain for manufacturing. I have tried wax with micro fiber. windex with micro fiber. Don't want to use anything abrasive. Anybody encounter this? Thx, D
Is this piece (real) chrome.......like a car bumper or chromed muffler. Or a "simulated" plastic part that looks like chrome.:|

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
If it is a dark gold color it might not be a stain, could be the chrome coating being too thin showing the copper base layer. Plastic or metal chrome, the process is all very similar, at least with SSR parts, and I have seen this problem on both. Usually these thin spots are in areas where it is not seen easily so the chrome company just lets it go instead of redoing it and taking a loss.

If this is not your case providing an image of the problem might help.

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brand new

IMG_3112HOOD EMBLEM.jpg
The cross marks are just oil marks from my finger, they wipe off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts