Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new 2005 SSR Aqua Blur owner and drive the car daily. Looking to add mud flaps to help keep down the dirt level. Looking at the stainless steel SSR flaps on Ebay that go for $320 (ouch!). Wondering if anyone has these installed and what your thoughts are. If you have, would love to see some pictures of them on your SSR. Thanks

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,389 Posts
Just some ideas. I was in the same dilemma a few years ago and started researching the forum and found out most folks used black rubber ones. Much lighter weight and they can be trimmed easily if need be. They also blend into the black tire and you don't really see them on the vehicle. I didn't want something that stuck out. I put them on the front and the rear and I have running boards on also and that really helps the spray and mud and gravel from the front tires. The front ones have to be cut down a little. Most of us got them at O'Reilly's Auto Part #4406, and the cost about $10 a set of two so that would be about $20 total. If you take a closer look at the fender there isn't much of an edge to mount to so that is why I went with something light. I used the existing fender liner screws and a couple new ones to mount them. Bought and used fender washers to get a bigger surface covered. Didn't mean to talk you out of your idea just giving you some other things to think about. Attach a picture I had in my camera but it doesn't show the flap very well. Sorry. Good luck.

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,041 Posts
It's too bad they don't offer mudflaps in colors. I think if you had yellow ones I think they would really blend in with the R and look like they belonged there.

Dave

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,389 Posts
It's too bad they don't offer mudflaps in colors. I think if you had yellow ones I think they would really blend in with the R and look like they belonged there.

Dave
Actually I prefer the plain black as they get lost in the black of the tires and you don't even see them. Wouldn't care for Yellow or anything colored on the mudflap to draw my attention to it but that is just me. All the rubber trim on mine is black so they blend right in. Very subtle.

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Agreed, black will blend in and not be noticed better than any other color. MicDonna's stainless flaps work well with silver but on another color might be distracting and change the perceived shape of the fender..

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,041 Posts
My thinking is that since the mudflap attaches to the body and is the same color as the body, that it would be less noticeable. But as they say, to each his own.

Dave

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I ran the all black mud flaps when I took off my running boards. But when the boards went back on, the flaps came off.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Just some ideas. I was in the same dilemma a few years ago and started researching the forum and found out most folks used black rubber ones. Much lighter weight and they can be trimmed easily if need be. They also blend into the black tire and you don't really see them on the vehicle. I didn't want something that stuck out. I put them on the front and the rear and I have running boards on also and that really helps the spray and mud and gravel from the front tires. The front ones have to be cut down a little. Most of us got them at O'Reilly's Auto Part #4406, and the cost about $10 a set of two so that would be about $20 total. If you take a closer look at the fender there isn't much of an edge to mount to so that is why I went with something light. I used the existing fender liner screws and a couple new ones to mount them. Bought and used fender washers to get a bigger surface covered. Didn't mean to talk you out of your idea just giving you some other things to think about. Attach a picture I had in my camera but it doesn't show the flap very well. Sorry. Good luck.
AD, That door looks to close to your Slingshot baby. :yellow: :eek

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,389 Posts
AD, That door looks to close to your Slingshot baby. :yellow: :eek
It must be the camera angel because there is about a foot behind the R when the door is down. I have it all marked out and have to open the back to plug in my Battery Tender Plus before the Gaaaarage door comes down. Thanks for the concern.

Reactions: sillypuddy

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,649 Posts
Actually I prefer the plain black as they get lost in the black of the tires and you don't even see them. Wouldn't care for Yellow or anything colored on the mudflap to draw my attention to it but that is just me. All the rubber trim on mine is black so they blend right in. Very subtle.
I use just the plain black mud flaps in the front only. I really like how they blend in and are lost with the tires. :thumbs

Attachments

·
SSR - FTR
29 Posts
GM Part Number for OEM Splash Guards (Mud Flaps)

I am looking for the OEM GM Molded Splash Guards.
If anyone has them For Sale or knows the Part Number I would appreciate that info.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I know this thread is old, but I have a set of the stainless steel mud flaps I would sell for $160 plus shipping. They came off of my SSR with less than 6k miles. They are as new. Let me know if you are interested. Yes, they are the same stainless flaps as on eBay. This will be a good deal for somebody.

Rodger

·
High Plains Roadster
257 Posts
I see that O'Reilly sells the black flaps #4406 in 3 sizes, A, B, and C with C being the largest. Which is the one that fits best?

Also, on Ebay, a company called "Auto Parts Premium" is selling a set of 4 they say fit a Trailblazer or an SSR for $40. They look a lot more substantial than the O'Reilly ones.

What do y'all think??

Since I live on a dirt road and there are a lot of them in Wyo, this would be a good addition to my SSR!!!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I have a complete set of four from my 6k mile truck, same as the ones on eBay. They are like new. If you are interested I will sell them for $150, plus shipping, to help you take some ouch of the eBay price. Very easy to install, just use existing holes in wheel wells.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts