Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's no going back now...

I installed the Stainless Works chambered cat-back today. It's like having an X-pipe and then mandrel bent tail pipes.

Yeah, she needs a bath, just look at the tip. :lol

These mufflers are cool. You could roll a golf ball through from one end to the other.

We really like the sound. It is deeper and louder (not for the faint of heart). The wife is a big fan of the burble and popping when you decelerate. Me, I love the sound of hitting it hard and shifting at 6 grand. :jester

Diggs

P.S. So who wants a couple of stock 05 tips? They are resonated (perforated?) and in great shape. It's the only part of the old exhaust I kept.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stainless?

Yes, it is 304 stainless from one end to the other. If you use their crappy strap clamps, they are stainless. I chose to purchase real stainless exhaust clamps.

Diggs

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Diggs said:
Yes, it is 304 stainless from one end to the other. If you use their crappy strap clamps, they are stainless. I chose to purchase real stainless exhaust clamps.

Diggs
Did you keep the stock cat?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock cats

Yes. I only changed from the flange back. I'm still hoping to do long tube headers with hi-flow cats (eventually).

Diggs

·
Registered
247 Posts
Question?

I went to Stainless Works website, The kit they have for the SSR, Is that what kit you put on your SSR? If so I think I might order one, because I have been looking for a good sounding exhaust! I only live in Maryland, I would love to pop by to hear yours! :seeya

·
Registered
58 Posts
All Stainless Chambered Exhaust

I have this system on my truck along with Dynatech headers and cats. The sound is wonderful. When you fire it up first thing in the morning it jumps to life. I live in Delaware if that is any closer for you to hear the system.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SW website

david said:
I went to Stainless Works website, The kit they have for the SSR, Is that what kit you put on your SSR? If so I think I might order one, because I have been looking for a good sounding exhaust! I only live in Maryland, I would love to pop by to hear yours! :seeya
David, that is the system I installed. I did not buy it direct from them because Summit Racing online has it for about $100 less.

I would be happy to work out a get together so you can hear it. I'm not sure how much different your 04 will sound compared to our 05 but at least it would give you an idea of what to expect.

Diggs

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks... Diggs!!!!!

I had to wait two months, but just installed it, It sounds GREAT!!!!!
Thanks for the link to Summit, you saved me a hundred bucks!!! Thanks so much again, I just love the way she sounds now!!!! :seeya

1 - 9 of 9 Posts