Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, and I hope you are all well.

I discussed with Brian at Stainless Works yesterday about their SSR systems, and come to find out they do have a specific 6.0 system now available. The part #'s are as follows for all SSR's:

- SSRHCAT05 - 2005 6.0 SSR Long Tubes 1-3/4" w/ high flow catted mid-pipes - $1299 MSRP
- SSRHDR05 - 2005 6.0 SSR Long Tubes 1-3/4" w/ off-road mid-pipes - $949 MSRP

- SSRHCAT - 2003-2004 5.3 SSR w/ high flow catted mid-pipes
- SSRHDR - 2003-2004 5.3 SSR w/ high flow catted mid-pipes

I will do my best to clarify exactly the differences between the systems tomorrow with him (sorry I didn't get this information sooner, but I was rushed today due to the release of the LS2 Predator).

Is there any interest from the forum members on these systems? I realize some want the 1-7/8" primaries, but you have to understand that in dyno testing many have found that those are not even necessary for the LS2's, and the 1-3/4" primaries are generally worth more overall. I have yet to do any comparisons back to back on any LS2's to determine this myself, however.

I also can speak highly of Stainless Works. They are the #1 header system in the '03/'04 Cobra and '05/'06 Mustang GT market, and they are considered by many in the GM market to be the best. We have installed quite a few sets on the Vettes and GTO's, as well as Mustangs, but we have yet to install any on the SSR vehicle.

Also, FWIW, Stainless Works is having a price increase come Monday, and I believe Brian told me everything was going up 5% across the board.

I look forward to your replies and thoughts.

Very Sincerely...

·
Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Likewise - will they fit the 6 speed. I think there's an issue with the fit of the Dynatechs on the 6 speed.

Oooops - looks like the other thread from tbyrne answers that question. Has anyone actually installed them on a 6 speed???

How was the fit???

Ray

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dynatek with 6 speed

I had the dynatek headers on my 6 speed, but I also did a custom duel exhaust, there were no problems with the install in talking with the installer. He noted he thought it would work with a stock exhaust as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hdflstf said:
Do they fit the 6 speed?
Also, when will they get CARB EO cert if ever?

Flassh said:
Likewise - will they fit the 6 speed. I think there's an issue with the fit of the Dynatechs on the 6 speed.

Oooops - looks like the other thread from tbyrne answers that question. Has anyone actually installed them on a 6 speed???

How was the fit???
hdflstr and Ray, yes sir they do fit the 6-speed.

I'm positive the fit and finish of the system is flawless. I would be willing to sell a system to any LS2 SSR owner for cost if you would allow my shop to do the service work on installing them. This will not only help the customer out, but it will also help RWTD out, plus all the other SSR owners here who are interested. Any LS2 SSR's in/around Mobile, AL?

As for all other SSR owners who are interested in the Stainless works systems, I will offer you all the best price period as allowed.

Thanks!

Sincerely...

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
RWTD - I was wondering if you could find out what size collectors are on the headers for the LS2? I was asking them to do 3" collectors about 6 months ago and would like to know if it actually happened. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
RWTD Location

IT would be nice to know where YOU ARE LOCATED !!

·
Premium Member
9,316 Posts
All the info is on their website - just checked. They are in Mobile, Alabama.

When I've got a bit more time, I'll do more searching re the headers - need to see how they look, and whether they include the cats. It's good to know they fit the 6 speed.

Ray

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Hey Flassh First off, I'm not trying to hijack this thread and this is all I'll say on this topic on this thread.
For those interested in headers with CARB EO approval, Edelbrock may produce them if we fanatics can show enough interest. There is another thread on that topic if interested.

Now back to your regular programming. Really is too bad that the SS work don't have CARB EO otherwise I would be interested.

Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
I ordered the headers and true dual exhaust, no cats, today. The system is 4 weeks out for delivery. Nobody has these things on the shelf. I had a complete SSW setup on my 03 Cobra. Excellent quality, great results and sound.

·
Registered
269 Posts
James

Great talking to ya this evening. I definitely want to go ahead and do the headers. This will surely "uncork" the outflow. Then I'll change filter system up front as there has been some new info on those being used with forced induction.

Give me a week or so and I'll be by and we'll work out the details.

Take it easy...

Scott

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2005SSR6Speed said:
RWTD - I was wondering if you could find out what size collectors are on the headers for the LS2? I was asking them to do 3" collectors about 6 months ago and would like to know if it actually happened. Thanks in advance.
I definitely will check into all of this tomorrow for us, friend. Thanks!

Furykay said:
IT would be nice to know where YOU ARE LOCATED !!
Hey there, and I hope all is well. As stated in my post #5 above, we are in Mobile, AL, kind sir. Please click here for more information:

www.runninwiththedevil.com/contact.htm

Flassh, thanks for the contribution, friend!

Wildcat69 said:
I ordered the headers and true dual exhaust, no cats, today. The system is 4 weeks out for delivery. Nobody has these things on the shelf. I had a complete SSW setup on my 03 Cobra. Excellent quality, great results and sound.
Thanks for your input, as it is greatly appreciated. I too have the complete SSW setup on my '03 Cobra. BTW, do we know one another from ModularFords.com possibly?

1HOT12C said:
Great talking to ya this evening. I definitely want to go ahead and do the headers. This will surely "uncork" the outflow. Then I'll change filter system up front as there has been some new info on those being used with forced induction.

Give me a week or so and I'll be by and we'll work out the details.
Scott, it was definitely great hearing from you today, too! Please stop by at anytime and hang out.

P.s. You know you want to do the cam too, LOL!

Everyone else: I made mention of the deal that I would do in my post #5 above. I'll make this a bit sweeter. I will DYNO TUNE the individual's vehicle, that we work this deal out with, for FREE!

Very Sincerely...

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
James thanks for helping everyone out here. I called Stainless Works and was told that the part number SSRHDR-TD Headers alone are the only way to get the 3" collectors, the other part numbers give you a 2.5" collector and cat pipe. Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts