Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Stainless Works now has long tube headers available for the SSR. They are available in an off-road version (without cats) or with high flow cats. Both versions include a 2.5" mandrel bent Y-pipe which connects to the factory exhaust connection for easy installation. Retail cost for the off-road headers & Y-pipe is $949.00 and $1299.00 for the headers with catted Y-pipe. We are now offering a special limited time promotion for the first 10 people to place an order for the SSR headers in that we will discount the retail price by $50.00 and we will include free shipping within the continental United States.

(Sorry Scott, but no phone numbers or websites unless you're a Supporting Dealer, only PM's. - Buffy)
Thanks,
Scott
Stainless Works

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
:agree
Also - supporting member???

What about CARB for us California people?

Any dyno plots before and after.

Any info on tube lengths, diameters, equal lengths?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stainless Works SSR headers

The headers are designed to work with both the automatic equipped and 6-speed equipped trucks. Sorry but they are not CARB certified!

Thanks,
Scott
Stainless Works

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
There is still room left on the "Stainless Works" SSR Header promotion

Stainless Works now has long tube headers available for the SSR. They are available in an off-road version (without cats) or with high flow cats. Both versions include a 2.5" mandrel bent Y-pipe which connects to the factory exhaust connection for easy installation. Retail cost for the off-road headers & Y-pipe is $949.00 and $1299.00 for the headers with catted Y-pipe. We are now offering a special limited time promotion for the first 10 people to place an order for the SSR headers in that we will discount the retail price by $50.00 and we will include free shipping within the continental United States.
Thanks,
Scott
Stainless Works

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
stainlessScott not a supporting member yet???? The Fanatics might want to think about a system where we can get references from others that have bought from people who just want to pop on sell and run!! It isn't that we don't trust but being burned hurts all of us!!!

·
OP
8,226 Posts
great idea

I think that is a fantastic idea.

Marc/Buffy, is there something that can be done to require supporting membership to those that want to market products? Probably not, huh?

I guess we all should be wary of the unscrupulous ones out there as we have learned of as of late, if it is all true.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
StainlessScott

Can you post some pictures of the headers and the Cat setup? Are there any plans to get CARB certification? The California market is real big and alot of other states are now picking it up. I have heard great things from the Corvette guys on these headers. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
All Stainless Works Exhaust Experience

I bought their chambered exhaust for my '04. The system sounds great and the y pipe up front fits great, but the tail pipes left a lot to be desired. The system came with no instructions at all and we ended up having to modify the tail pipes to get them to the point they were even usable. My only other gripe is that there was no reducer to go from their exhaust tips to the tail pipes, all you have is a small pipe welded to the bottom of a much larger exhaust tip. I am only speaking about their exhaust system and not their headers or cats as I bought my headers and cats from Dynatech.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
If you need someone to install the full length headers with cats and cat back system and post the results I volunteer my SSR. You give me the full system and I will have it professionally installed. Is everything Stainless steel?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2005SSR6Speed said:
StainlessScott

Can you post some pictures of the headers and the Cat setup? Are there any plans to get CARB certification? The California market is real big and alot of other states are now picking it up. I have heard great things from the Corvette guys on these headers. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately the process for a product to become C.A.R.B. certified is a long drawn out one and an expensive one as well. If the demand for such a product proved itself to be worthwhile then we may entertain proceeding with the certification process.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
StainlessScott said:
Unfortunately the process for a product to become C.A.R.B. certified is a long drawn out one and an expensive one as well. If the demand for such a product proved itself to be worthwhile then we may entertain proceeding with the certification process.
Sounds like a classic "Chicken or Egg First" problem. :thumbs

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Guys

As for being a supporting member, we are interested in doing this. We want to see if there is enough interest in the headers to build 10, 20, 30, etc. sets before we spend a lot of money on advertising.

We make an excellent product and back our headers with a lifetime warranty.
“Stainless Works” is not some “fly by night” company looking to make a quick buck and then leave town. We are a manufacturer of stainless steel headers and exhaust systems which we proudly say are made in the USA. We have been in the exhaust business for 10-years. Some of our more popular customers that use or headers & exhaust are Mallett Cars LTD, MTI-Georgia, South Georgia Corvette and Wheel to Wheel just to name a few. We are the ONLY exhaust company to have our headers and exhaust system on a Corvette which won the One Lap of America race (The MTI built Z07 of Ron Adee), and our products finished in the top five again this year with Danny Popp from Cincinnati, who is a SCCA Solo2 National champion. Our headers were also used by Sam Strano who won ESP last year at the SCCA solo2 nationals.

We are trying to get into the SSR market after people urged us to do so since no-one made a really nice long tube header. Is there any interest in a GP??? We also do installs at our shop in Cleveland, Ohio and invite any local members to come by for a shop tour any time. If we do the installation, we can make you a great deal!!!

Thanks
Scott

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Interested - yes.

CARB is still an issue though.

Also still have unanswered questions from post number 3.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I dont see a set for the 2005 SSR with LS2 6.0, I do see it for the 5.3. It should be similar in size to the C6 Headers as it is the same engine. I would be interested if they were 1 7/8" Primary, 3" High Flow Cats, 3" Collectors and Y-Pipes (better yet have an X-pipe for true dual). Then have a Cat Back setup to finish it all off in true dual 3" out the back stock location.

S

·
0 Posts
Stainless Works true dual exhaust for the SSR

2005SSR6Speed said:
I dont see a set for the 2005 SSR with LS2 6.0, I do see it for the 5.3. It should be similar in size to the C6 Headers as it is the same engine. I would be interested if they were 1 7/8" Primary, 3" High Flow Cats, 3" Collectors and Y-Pipes (better yet have an X-pipe for true dual). Then have a Cat Back setup to finish it all off in true dual 3" out the back stock location.
Stainless Works now offers a “true dual” 2.5” stainless steel exhaust kit for the 2003-2005 SSR. The kit includes dual high flow cats, an X-pipe, dual turbo style mufflers with your choice of either “straight through” style or “chambered” style (the straight through design offers a more aggressive sound while the chambered design offers a more civilized rumble). Also included in the kit is a set of polished 4” slash cut tips and all clamps & hangers. The kit is designed for use with “Stainless Works” headers only. The exhaust kit, part number “SSRTD” retails for $1199.00 and the headers for use with the kit, part number “SSRHDR-TD” retail for $799.00.
Scott
Stainless Works

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I will wait for a system that is made for the LS2 not one that has the 5.3 in mind.

The LS2 needs to flow much more then the 5.3 so it needs what you have put into the C6, 1 7/8" Primary, 3" High Flow Cats, 3" Collectors and an X-pipe for true dual. Then have a Cat Back setup to finish it all off in true dual 3" out the back stock location.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
If you want to build a set like this for my 2005 SSR LS2 with 6 Speed I would be happy to test it and report on it for you.

I have plans for a stroker buildup later and refuse to put a system on that will hardly handle the stock displacement and flow characteristics of the LS2.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts