Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
getting anxious to fly to Iowa and drive home in our 05 Aqua Blur!
Now this car/truck comes with an inflater can not a spare tire. I assumed they
all came that way due to the different size wheels, BUT then I see pics of an SSR with a spare underneath. What's the true story?

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,049 Posts
Standard equipment was the inflater air pump
No option provided by GM
The spare tire carrier is aftermarket or a kit provided by Simple-Engineering

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
If you still have the original inflation kit in your SSR (which I do)...and you DID get a flat, I wouldn't rely on that kit to help in any way (it's 13 years old). :surprise:

I have AAA; so I just keep my inflation kit as a conversation piece! :laugh:...:laugh:

We are all excited for you to pick up your SSR...Can't wait to see your PERMAGRIN. Make sure you post pics on your way home with your sweet baby!!

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The SSR has been in the garage for 2 weeks now. We can't title it till later this week so all I can do is clean, polish, and check things out and drool alot. I Pulled the daily driver out today to make room to walk around the SSR and polish it up. I use Mygestic Solutions Swirl Remover and a Porter Cable random orbital polisher with a smooth red pad. Wow it really brought out the color! All the swirl marks and light scratches are gone. Love this polish! When I was putting the truck away I knew I wouldn't get to drive it for 5 or 6 days so I wanted to move it as far to the right as possible to make room for the daily car. I decided to drive the front end in and put my floor jack under the diff to push the rear sideways. Once it was off the ground I grabbed the rear wheel to push it about a foot. Well pushing on the wheel I heard and felt a clunk. I pulled back and it clunked again. IS it normal? I have never owned a disk brake rear vehicle so I'm not sure this should be there. The SSR only has 28,000 on the odo. It didn't move far, maybe a few thousands but just thought I'd ask you experts on SSR idiosyncrasies. I've owned over 100 cars in my years and never felt this before. Now I want to jack up my 2 other cars and check this on them too.
Thanks, Dave

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,583 Posts
I believe end play is normal and you will get a clunking sound if you take the weight off the axles and move them in and out. All moving parts need clearance to rotate.

Reactions: Blur'd Vision

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
:|

You can "google" disc brakes and "clunking" and review multiple Youtube videos and others to find that the pads shift somewhat and clunking can occur. No big deal.:wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts