Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ret. Air Force
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey @Boyd give this 05 Red, Six Speed with 18K miles a look!!!
He lives in Colorado and is asking only $14,100 :surprise:

Here is the link

Edited: My Bad!! $14,100 is the Current Bid (29 Aug 10:28EST)!!! Crap...Sorry Brother!!!
What is the old saying, "If it sounds to good to be true...it probably is!!"

·
Boydster
26 Posts
Crudawg - Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. I'm still hooked on silver '05/'06. Still surfing all the sites; Art & Speed Classic Car Gallery - saw a '05 on that site, has anyone seen that one (in TN)?

I will probably have a better idea of what I want when go to your event.

·
Registered
209 Posts
There is no reserve on the fleeBay, this R will sell to the highest bidder. I got my bid in, let's see how high this will go. The last low mileage 6 speed from 2006, went for 26k, so there is a good chance this one will end up out of my range as well. But so far $14k looks great to me :)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
If you guys would look at listings, forum member Triple222 has that one posted on here. One of two he is selling.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Ebay auctions are a scam! They are non-binding per Ebay rules: Google "ebay auto auctions non binding contract" Unable to post link. It's best to see them as an advertisement for sale, nothing enforceable until cash and bill of sale finalize the deal. If I see something I like I show the link to sellers who always act suprised ,don't they read terms before listing? Then I add an offer a little lower than their buy it now. Haven't found anything worth buying yet, looked at a few though. It's amazing how the perfect angle picture hides bondo patch jobs, crappy paint jobs etc. Jim

·
Registered
209 Posts
The Ebay auctions are a scam! They are non-binding per Ebay rules: Google "ebay auto auctions non binding contract" Unable to post link. It's best to see them as an advertisement for sale, nothing enforceable until cash and bill of sale finalize the deal. If I see something I like I show the link to sellers who always act suprised ,don't they read terms before listing? Then I add an offer a little lower than their buy it now. Haven't found anything worth buying yet, looked at a few though. It's amazing how the perfect angle picture hides bondo patch jobs, crappy paint jobs etc. Jim
yes, fleeBay is bad for car sellers and buyers alike, I have walked into enough scams to learn to stay away. There are about 64 Rs for sale nationwide in yellow and silver, the colors I am looking for, so plenty to choose from, just need one in my budget and close by for in-person inspection.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I too agree with some of your points regarding eBay, but if you look at my ebay ad you will discover I have 84 positive reviews and no negative ones. I have attempted to note the issues with this SSR and feel it's represented fairly, especially given the price of $23,500.00 that I am seeking. Price leaves lots of room to bring this SSR to a standard worthy of an 18,000 mile truck. I further invited anyone interested to have it inspected by a third party if they can not personally perform their own inspections. Lets all hope it sells, that the buyer is happy with his or her deal and we get another great Forum member. HAVE GOOD ONE!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
I had great success selling a 76 Triumph for top dollar on EBay. Shipped and everyone was happy. Bought it off pics. Never flew in to see it but had lots of docs.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
I bought my 2005 on EBay. The dealer was in St.petersburg, FL and he shipped it to me in Las Vegas.....no issues

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,119 Posts
I have bought and sold at least two dozen cars and motorcycles and hundreds of parts and other merchandise over the past 15 yrs and I've only been scammed once and that was early on before a lot of the buyer and seller protections were in place for Ebay and PayPal. My son and I were buying wrecked motorcycles fixing and re-selling. A guy in Fla was running a scam that looked real legit and we got stung for $1200. Luckily the FBI caught him and we recovered most of the money but years later. I have no issues with eBay but like anything else be an educated buyer and do some snooping.
After a while you get to figure out whos legit and who's not. Craigslist on the other hand is full of scammers, I will never buy or sell anything on there.

Reactions: SSReplay
1 - 15 of 15 Posts