Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ignition switch replacement has been a standard topic for years. Replacement of the switch requires removal and reinstallation of the plastic lower steering column cover, which is not difficult but requires some finesse to avoid breaking any of the many alignment tabs and clips that secure it in place. For reference, I colored in silver these alignment/attachment points as shown in the attached photos so you can see where they are.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Ignition switch replacement has been a standard topic for years. Replacement of the switch requires removal and reinstallation of the plastic lower steering column cover, which is not difficult but requires some finesse to avoid breaking any of the many alignment tabs and clips that secure it in place. For reference, I colored in silver these alignment/attachment points as shown in the attached photos so you can see where they are.
:frown2:

You must be thinkin' (all is normal with this forum) and viewing your pics is a no brainer.

Maybe some viewing on a tablet or smart phone can just use their fingers and expand the pic t really see it. Others of us are using a PC at home and still getting (rejected) when trying to view any pics for the last two/three weeks now.:crying:

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lower Steering Column Photos

:frown2:

You must be thinkin' (all is normal with this forum) and viewing your pics is a no brainer.

Maybe some viewing on a tablet or smart phone can just use their fingers and expand the pic t really see it. Others of us are using a PC at home and still getting (rejected) when trying to view any pics for the last two/three weeks now.:crying:
My current workaround to the issue with ability to view site photos is, using my PC, to right-click on a photo, select "Save Picture As" and download it to a folder. From there I can open the photo.

·
Premium Member
6,460 Posts
/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_sad.png

Maybe some viewing on a tablet or smart phone can just use their fingers and expand the pic t really see it. Others of us are using a PC at home and still getting (rejected) when trying to view any pics for the last two/three weeks now./forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_crying.png
Took less time go to the Moon and back than it is to fix the picture problem. Makes you want to go HMMMM. Unless the Russians are behind it. What you think?

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
My current workaround to the issue with ability to view site photos is, using my PC, to right-click on a photo, select "Save Picture As" and download it to a folder. From there I can open the photo.
When I right click on yours it doesn't give the save image option as it normally does. :evil:
"Save image as" and "copy image" are faded.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
long way around

I tried Snomunchers' Save as image, Save, go to downloads and download document and then increase the magnification. :willy: It will work though, at least it does on my PC. Think I'll wait with everyone else for the fix.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Since Viewing attached photos is still being a problem that is being worked on, just right click on the photos in the post and then resize them so you can see them. Seems too work for Me, just a tip.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Do we know if anyone is actually trying to fix this problem? We've all complained about it in this thread and others, but I haven't seen anyone acknowledge the problem and state that they're working on a fix.

·
Registered
23 Posts
why did they make a change anyway. things were fine before. evidently one of the rocket scientists running this site decided a change for the worse was needed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Still total disrespect to all users of this and other forums, no updates what so ever. Poor form.
and they have the balls to tell you you do not have enough posts to view the pictures. who the hell thought that one up. i was able to view the pics before the brain trusts decided to make the change. what do the number of posts have to do with wether you can view a picture ?

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Someone explain why I can enlarge pictures on smart phone and tablet but not desktop??
Sorry I am not an IT person but the owners Admin's on our site are supposedly looking into this glitch. BTW: Our site owner's Admins work on many other car websites not just ours.

Yes indeed, this has been going on for sometime now and we ALL are anxiously awaiting the fix.

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
BTW: Our site owner's Admins work on many other car websites not just ours.
The owners, VerticalScope Inc. 111 Peter Street, Suite 700 Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5V 2H1, has moved us to the bottom of the list, probably in retaliation for steel and Aluminum tariffs.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
The owners, VerticalScope Inc. 111 Peter Street, Suite 700 Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5V 2H1, has moved us to the bottom of the list, probably in retaliation for steel and Aluminum tariffs.
:surprise:

Maybe they'll give us a break as they are gonna make out big time on lobster exports to China.

China has also retaliated against the US with a 25% bump up on tariffs on lobsters coming from the US while at the same time.......decreasing their tariff on lobsters from Canada.

The kanooks win this one and Maine loses.:wink2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts

Maybe they'll give us a break as they are gonna make out big time on lobster exports to China.

China has also retaliated against the US with a 25% bump up on tariffs on lobsters coming from the US while at the same time.......decreasing their tariff on lobsters from Canada.

The kanooks win this one and Maine loses.:wink2:
I am sure these comments were in jest but this is not the place for politics.

Reactions: Guzzi Guy

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Yes Dear.

I've not read every entry on multiple posts that are discussing the (picture problems)...Has Blue streak or any other (moderator) given us any feedback as to what (if any) thing has been done to address the problem............that led us into these (jesting)..........."political type comments">:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts