Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nono
Have been driving, don't hit me:lol , a dodge for the past 3 years. Is ya'lls steering on your SSRs heavy or is it just me? My wife is curious as well as me.
Thanks

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
Hi Tiny,
It might feel a little "heavy" due to the wide tires up front and the way the steering is designed, it is a different feel but nothing our of the ordinary.

:seeya

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
I also changed from a Dodge.. Yes it's a bit heavier but that's just the way they 'tuned' it. Nothing to worry about.:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
A long time ago

when I started driving in about '83 I drove Dodge vans from '82 and a 1973 Plymouth Furry (spelling may be iffy) anyway the steering boxes in these two I described as "rotten apples wrapped in tin foil":glol The power steering was so over powered the was NO road feel. My first car that I purchased new was a '85 GMC Safari and I have always had a GMC until the Chevy SSR. I love that GM does not "over power" the steering. I've heard that Dodge still has "mush" for a steering box. So "welcome to a vehicle with well tuned steering" that is maybe a little "under powered"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts