Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i let the slingshot sit for a week and then take her ouy i've noticed the steering wheel shakes in my hand for a bit until the car gets warmed up--about 10 mins. anyone else had this issue? stogey

·
Registered
130 Posts
The tires on the SSR seem to develope a flat spot almost overnite!

A short drive warms them up and the shake goes away.:thumbs

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Run Flats

This is due to the tires....run flats...after they warm up you don't feelt the vibrations anymore.When I first got mine the steering wheel would shake constantly. The rear right tire had a section that was bad.....under warranty they replaced it.

I am to understand that this is normal with the tires that are on the SSR. I still feel it ocassional after it sits for a while.

I think this is right.......someone else feel free to correct me.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
This is due to the tires....run flats...after they warm up you don't feelt the vibrations anymore.When I first got mine the steering wheel would shake constantly. The rear right tire had a section that was bad.....under warranty they replaced it.

I am to understand that this is normal with the tires that are on the SSR. I still feel it ocassional after it sits for a while.

If you were suggesting that our tires are run flats, I will correct you, they are not.

Stogey,
If you want to determine if it's the engine or the tires, start the truck up and let it run for 10 or 15 minutes. Then start to drive it. If it shakes, then it's probably the tires; otherwise.......I have no idea (I can make something up if you'd like:eek )

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
I warned you guys in an earlier thread not to let them sit to long. The tires will indeed develop flat spots.

Stopping Drinking will also diminish wheel shake as well.....

·
Registered
480 Posts
Stogey,

The tires flatten out some sitting in the garage. After you drive it for several minutes, they round out again and you are back in business. That's what happens when the vehicle weights 4,800 lbs.

·
Registered
480 Posts
hotrodgirl said:

Hotrodgirl,

We don't have run flat tires. They're just regular tires that get a flat spot when sitting in the garage. As you said, the flat spot goes away after several minutes of driving.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Last To Posts

1st and most important is has nothing to do with the color of my hair :lol :lol

2nd I just did a search on this same question on previous treads....looks like I wasn't the only one told that by the dealership. It seems their has been a lot of confusion over this issue in the past. Thanks for clearing it up for me :thumbs

·
Registered
893 Posts
It's where you live

It's where you live in Indiana......especially E'ville..........thats the problem........Just make a Bonziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaa run down th Lloyd Expressway.....and you'll be alright...........Then go to Applebee's for a Ultimate Margirata........:smash :smash or vice-a-versa.....you'll be fine........Now I don't know about your SSR :glol :glol :thumbs

BTW.....Ive spent a few evenings back in the 50's up on Reitz Hill......watching the submarine races.........:glol :glol

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
I was in a showroom when the SSRs first came out. The salesman was telling a potential customer that the SSR had run flats. Was none too happy when I corrected that mistaken notion. Was really unhappy when I told him it weighed in at 4900 plus, not the 3500 he was telling the customer.

I suspect it happens quite regularly, and some poor souls are merrily cruising away thinking they are puncture resistant in a truck that weights the same as a Corvette.:eek

Ray

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
We have told you time and again Hotrodgirl, you can't believe everything the dealers tell us!!! But they better believe us when we tell them something!!!:lol:yesnod

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
1st and most important is has nothing to do with the color of my hair :lol :lol

2nd I just did a search on this same question on previous treads....looks like I wasn't the only one told that by the dealership. It seems their has been a lot of confusion over this issue in the past. Thanks for clearing it up for me :thumbs

Well I'm glad you know now....so that you don't keep driving on after hitting a pack of nails in the road.:flag

ps. If the dealer told you that the SSR can fly, that was incorrect as well:jester

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
Ricochet said:
I warned you guys in an earlier thread not to let them sit to long. The tires will indeed develop flat spots.

The best way to solve the problem is don't let your:ssr sit, just keep driving.:yesnod :yesnod

1 - 17 of 17 Posts