Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,410 Posts
These switches have not been available for years as far as I know. If your lights are not working they can be replaced. If the switches look like crap you can paint them and then put a decal over the top of them. At least you used to, I do not see the vendor on EBay listing SSR stuff any more.

If you contact them directly they might put up an auction just for you, here is the link to the seller for radio button, AV knob, center console and steering wheel overlays if you want to ask about them making a set for you - ezbuttonrefinishingproducts | eBay Stores

Helpful Links
Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource - Quick searchable help
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo
Billet letters for tailgate and under hood

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These switches have not been available for years as far as I know. If your lights are not working they can be replaced. If the switches look like crap you can paint them and then put a decal over the top of them. At least you used to, I do not see the vendor on EBay listing SSR stuff any more.

If you contact them directly they might put up an auction just for you, here is the link to the seller for radio button, AV knob, center console and steering wheel overlays if you want to ask about them making a set for you - ezbuttonrefinishingproducts | eBay Stores

Helpful Links
Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource - Quick searchable help
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo
Billet letters for tailgate and under hood
The switches look fine and the lights are fine. They simple don't function reliably. I'm guessing worn out. I thought it would be easier to just replace them. I've been told they are also on other GM models. Does anyone know which models? Could try junkyard if I knew what vehicles. I'm really surprised they are no longer available.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,410 Posts
They are not on any other vehicle. At least not with the same symbols and color. Some other GM trucks have black with different symbols on the buttons but no other GM vehicle has gray with the same symbol.

If all you need is function, you can take them out and clean them. They operate by two pieces of metal touching one another, it is common if something was spilled on them or through use or just corrosion that they begin to fail after time. If you take off the horn button you can push them out from the back side. There are how to instructions in various places, here is one - How to Change Steering Wheel Switches/Pictures

You can then take them apart and clean them or you can send both of them to me and I will clean the contacts and test them for $20 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are not on any other vehicle. At least not with the same symbols and color. Some other GM trucks have black with different symbols on the buttons but no other GM vehicle has gray with the same symbol.

If all you need is function, you can take them out and clean them. They operate by two pieces of metal touching one another, it is common if something was spilled on them or through use or just corrosion that they begin to fail after time. If you take off the horn button you can push them out from the back side. There are how to instructions in various places, here is one - How to Change Steering Wheel Switches/Pictures

You can then take them apart and clean them or you can send both of them to me and I will clean the contacts and test them for $20 plus shipping.
Dragon2U,

I would like to take you up on that. Over the winter, I will get the switches out and send to your for this work. I'll contact you when I get closer to getting that done.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts