Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
Joined
·
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STEP are you going to produce the 2007 Calendar? If yes that’s fine all is good, and if not, KW will you take the job back on again. Either way we should start up the monthly contests with “image size guidelines”. Suggest post low file size here to save space and save at home the large file size if needed later.
 

·
I DO WINDOWS
Joined
·
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...

Drag to top, because I think this is important and needs to be started early.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
REBEL said:
Drag to top, because I think this is important and needs to be started early.

Great idea, start early and avoid the Christmas rush:lol
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
First Theme?

REBEL said:
STEP ... Either way we should start up the monthly contests with “image size guidelines”. Suggest post low file size here to save space and save at home the large file size if needed later.
Hey guys and gals... I can start one asap... soooooo what do you want to use as our first theme for photo submissions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Calendar Photos

Regardless of How or Who produces a Calendar. We should mention the photo resolution.

When you take your picture for the photo contest use the highest resolution possible on your camera. The size I used the photos would have been 8MP or better. The 5-8MP range was acceptable, but there was some quality loss when the files got larger in Photoshop. If smaller photos were all that was available, we ended up with a collage.

If you create something in Photoshop keep, in mind that we print using a minimum of 300dpi at 100% of size! 8x10 at 300dpi is better than 30MB! Tuck that original Photoshop file away somewhere and scale it down for the contest.

And Please, when you save your files Do Not use any JPG compression. Or, use the Maximum quality when you save the file. Any file saved as a JPG will have quality loss. When in doubt....save as a TIF file.
 

·
Registered
2005 SSR
Joined
·
436 Posts
Photos

I'd like to say the thing I have noticed with most of the photos is that they are void of people. People are a very important (if not interesting) and necessary part of the SSR Experience.

More People Please

Life is short
Drive a Hot Rod

Skip
 

·
SSR Owners Group
Joined
·
3,753 Posts
SA13355 said:
I'd like to say the thing I have noticed with most of the photos is that they are void of people. People are a very important (if not interesting) and necessary part of the SSR Experience.

More People Please

Life is short
Drive a Hot Rod

Skip
Most of the photo contests are not 'people' themed - at least not YET!
 

·
I DO WINDOWS
Joined
·
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...

O.K. high res. saved in "tif" but maybe we should post to this site a second verson in low res to save space. The SSR IS THE FOCUS of the SSR calendar.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top