Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the original wiring plug diagram for the stereo with 6 cd?:silver: I can't seem to find it. I am trying to install an aftermarket stereo, but the wires don't line up. Thanks in advance.

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Does anyone have the original wiring plug diagram for the stereo with 6 cd?
I can't seem to find it. I am trying to install an aftermarket stereo, but the wires don't line up. Thanks in advance.
Look into a Crux S00GM-15 interface.
With the aftermarket harness that is supplied with the head unit you can simply plug the existing factory Chevy plugs into it.
No programming needed and you keep the steering wheel controls functional.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
992 Posts
FWIW...
I installed my Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX
and used:
Metra Axxess ASWC1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface
and
Axxess GMOS04 Class II OnStar® Interface for Amplified Systems

No programming, just soldering of the aftermarket harness to the GMOS04 harness.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Look into a Crux S00GM-15 interface.
With the aftermarket harness that is supplied with the head unit you can simply plug the existing factory Chevy plugs into it.
No programming needed and you keep the steering wheel controls functional.
The CRUX unit is supposedly designed to work the best with the Bose Premium Sound System amplifier that the R's have. I tried both the Axxess and CRUX with our Avic Z150BH and prefer the sound of the CRUX. That being said, I have had problems with the Nav system since the first CRUX unit I purchased from an Arizona Stereo supplier did not have the speed sense wire in the CRUX harness. That will be remedied with a replacement CRUX the next time I feel like going into the dash again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the wrong information. With the new stereo came an interface with the connector that fits the plug that fit into the old radio. However, although the plug fits, the wires are not in the right order. I have everything working except the speaker wires, which are different colors. I just need to know what color wires are for which speaker.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Sorry for the wrong information. With the new stereo came an interface with the connector that fits the plug that fit into the old radio. However, although the plug fits, the wires are not in the right order. I have everything working except the speaker wires, which are different colors. I just need to know what color wires are for which speaker.

Did you refer to the schematics I linked to above? The wire color codes for each speaker signal is there. Do you need help with deciphering the colors mentioned or is there a different issue?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you hit it on the nose. If I knew what I was talking about, things would be fine. I am hoping to find the wires that go into the plug at the old radio. You may have it on your schematic, but the scematic is blurry on my screen. I can't make it out. Basically, I just want to drive my truck, but this stereo/gps/back-up camera thing is driving me baddy. They say everything is included, just plug in, but oh no!!!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Yes you hit it on the nose. If I knew what I was talking about, things would be fine. I am hoping to find the wires that go into the plug at the old radio. You may have it on your schematic, but the scematic is blurry on my screen. I can't make it out. Basically, I just want to drive my truck, but this stereo/gps/back-up camera thing is driving me baddy. They say everything is included, just plug in, but oh no!!!
You have to click the image you want a few times to get it full size. Once to open it in a new window, then again to open it up by itself, then again to open it up full size, at least on my computer it needs that.

Anyway, here are the color codes for the Bose system, looks to be the same for all years. These are the wires from the head unit to the amp, the connector at the back of the factory stereo -

Dark green > left -
Tan > left +
Orange black > right -
Light green > right +

1 - 10 of 10 Posts