Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my '05 SSR for a couple of weeks, and for -- the most part -- have few/no complaints.

But I did just notice for the first time last night that the side sections of the seat bottoms are covered in vinyl, not leather. How cheap is that?

I've owned numerous vehicles with leather seats, and I'm very familiar with the term "leather seating surfaces," which is car-maker-speak for (at best) "leather only on the parts of the seats that touch your body (back/butt/legs and sometimes head). So the backs and sides of the seat surfaces are covered with vinyl, velour, cloth, whatever.

But this stingy application of leather to the "seating surfaces" of the SSR stretches even that definition, especially on a vehicle in this price range!

Is this a new development ('05 model year, or even mid-year), or are all the SSR's like this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
leather seats

I too noticed a difference in the seating surface on my 05 ssr. But I was thinking the leather was just a different texture to help the seats hold up longer and better because the sides of the seat will get more sliding in and out therefore making the seat wear longer and better. Maybe it is just vinal. I don't know for sure. I do know that the side parts of the seats do take more abuse and wear than the middle part of the seat.
Maybe someone else could better respond with a better explanation.

lew4ut

1 - 3 of 3 Posts