Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the bolt pattern and offset for the stock front 19X8 and stock rear 20X10? I have searched everywhere and the only other way will be to pull them off and measure them myself. I want to order a custom set of old school Halibrand wheels for my SSR. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
Information from the Newstalgia order for the Colorado Customs wheels on my SSR

Fit was excellent. Decreasing the backspace slightly on the rear wheels would increase the size of the front lip, but place the wheel closer to the edge of the fender.

19 x 8, 6 on 5", 5 3/4 BACKSPACE (not offset)

20 x 10, 6 on 5", 6 1/8" BACKSPACE

The backspace measurement was taken directly from the stock wheel. Newstalgia said several other wheels for SSRs have been ordered with a 5 3/4 rear backspace, which would place the outside lip of the rear wheel 3/8" closer to the fender. I don't think you'd have a problem with that. Love the look of that really deep dish.

Check my thread on Dakota Digital - might be a good idea when you install the new wheels.

Ray

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. I am interested in eventually putting an air ride suspension under it so I want everything to tuck into the fenderwells. I will have to look at the fit inside of the fenderwells and then use this info to determine the backspacing need to make them tuck.

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
Because of the track bar, the rear suspension does not move symetrically. the design space between the tire and rear quarter allows for that. If you move the wheels out, one side might have a touch condition. The typical production tire to metal clearance was not used on the SSR.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking the same thing due to the trac bar for locating the rear axel. As the suspension cycles it will move the axel side to side. I was also looking at the clearance behind the stock wheels and tires. You could easily fit a much wider wheel tire combo within the rear wheel wells.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey guys

sorry to keep bothering with the same question, or variation of the same theme. BUT it's the difference between $125 per wheel vs. $630 per wheel for virtually the same look.

Would 20"x8.5" with a 5.4" back space work?

Thanks

Coz

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
To attain the same outerspace just subtract the difference in total width from the backspace, if the total width is less then stock 10".

20X10 w/6 1/8" backspacing = 20X8.5 w/4 5/8" backspace

20X8.5 - 20X10 = 1.5" difference in width subtracted from 6 1/8" backspace or 1 4/8" - 6 1/8" = 4 5/8" backspace

So to have the same outerspace you would need a 20X8.5" wheel to have 4 5/8" backspace.

If you are refering to the front wheel backspace you would need to add the difference to the backspace because the width is more then the stock 8".

5 3/4" + 2/4" = 6 1/4"

20X8 w/5 3/4" backspace = 20X8.5 w6 1/4" backspace to keep the same outerspace.

Hope this helps!

H

·
0 Posts
Z06 wheels

I have one to ask....will 2005 Z06 wheels 18x9.5 and 19x11 fit on my 2004 SSR? One guy said yes ....then I ordered them...then another guy said no! HELP?

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
Best cancel that order - 2005 SSR is right - can't make a 5 bolt wheel fit a 6 bolt hub.

Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts