Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the height to the center of the front wheel well opening on a stock ruck not lowered?

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Height

Mine before lowering, center of the wheel to the edge of the top of the wheel well opening, LF front = 28 1/2", RT front = 28 1/8", LR 30 1/4", RR 30 1/8"

GM specs allows 1/2" difference.

Jack

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,445 Posts
Mine is 28-1/2” with OEM tires

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is right at 28 1/2. I have looked at a lot of pictures and some seem to be listed as lowered but they look like the tire in the wheel well looks like mine does. The problem I run into is I bought my truck from a dealer who did not know anything that was done to the truck by the previous owner. So it is come here and ask questions that may sound dumb but there is a method to my madness. thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
5,322 Posts
My SSR is lowered 1" in front and 2 " in the rear.
My measurements are :
LF 27 3/8"
RF 27 1/2"
LR 28 1/4"
RR 28"

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,146 Posts
Mine is right at 28 1/2. I have looked at a lot of pictures and some seem to be listed as lowered but they look like the tire in the wheel well looks like mine does. The problem I run into is I bought my truck from a dealer who did not know anything that was done to the truck by the previous owner. So it is come here and ask questions that may sound dumb but there is a method to my madness. thanks for the help
The questions are good. Mine is the same height, but my tires aren’t stock. I took all the measurements to help others work out what they want to know.

- Robert
:silver:

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
:smile2:

Measured my left front this morning. About 27.0" on the nose.:wink2:
I think yours is at the low end of the spec or lowered. It is relatively close to Shakatak and mine is closer to the listings here that suggest it isn’t lowered. I’ll be around 25 SSRs this weekend and will take some samples. I’ll also be able to talk with Mike in AZ to confirm.

Back on the other thread, did you check your rim, lower shock mount and frame height in comparison to mine? That should help us sort through things, as shock mount to frame height would tell us something about springs, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
"Back on the other thread, did you check your rim, lower shock mount and frame height in comparison to mine? That should help us sort through things, as shock mount to frame height would tell us something about springs, etc."

We've got too many threads chatting about the same basic topic. Can't find the post entry the above is talking about.

Point me to it and I'll try to give u a comparison. Mine was lowered when I got it. The specifics of how/what was done to get there are shaky, but I can provide what details I do have.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
"Back on the other thread, did you check your rim, lower shock mount and frame height in comparison to mine? That should help us sort through things, as shock mount to frame height would tell us something about springs, etc."

We've got too many threads chatting about the same basic topic. Can't find the post entry the above is talking about.

Point me to it and I'll try to give u a comparison. Mine was lowered when I got it. The specifics of how/what was done to get there are shaky, but I can provide what details I do have.
Too many threads on same topic ::agree

Admin, can we merge?

Here is the other thread you and I started on:
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/time-tires-232746/

The more I stare at the numbers, looks like you have the 1” drop in the front. My tires might be smidge taller, but they make up for it in width :wink2:
- Robert
:silver:

P.S. I took the measurements after your question and staring at your pics.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,940 Posts
Thanks for the thread start up. I often wondered if mine was lower than stock as I bought mine from a dealer as well. As it turns out, it's 1" lower in front and 2" lower in back. (Maybe if I had listed that I would have won February ROTM!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts