Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today and "stop the vehicle" alert appeared in the info center and disappeared in few seconds. I have no idea what I did. I may have accidentally pressed something ( open the to button?). I could not duplicate it. Any idea?

·
Registered
54 Posts
You probably pressed the top control button while you were moving. That will give you the "stop vehicle" message. If you're sure you didn't, you might want to check the switch and associated wiring for intermittent shorts...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imay have done that accidently, I had bent over to grab something from that side. When I pressed it again it gave me the reduce speed alert not stop vehicle. Are you sure?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Was just thinking - if you weren't digging in the glove box when the message came up, maybe it was the button on the key fob remote? I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that would give the "stop" message too...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks kewlride. I'll fool around with it tomorrow see what I get.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
warning sign

If you push the top down button while driving it will ding/chime at you I didn't see the warning sign flash when this happened but I could have missed it if it was that fast. Did you hear a ding/chime?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still did not get the same message today. I'm confused now. I try the cargo cover tomorrow but I'm pretty sure I was not pressing on the cargo cover button. I was driving and was pretty far from the key chain in ignition.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Other button

red,

I think the theory was that you might have hit the button in the glove box, not on the key ring.

You might never know. I posted a message here after my very first SSR drive about a "Top Ajar" message that I never saw again.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beleive it or not I did not know about the button in the glove compartment. Maybe the top's wrench I have in there hit accidently. It has not come back though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts