Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

Just wondering what the general opinion is on the storage & tie down systems? I've located a car equipped the way I want it, except for these two items. Are they worth getting, & or, are they easy to add?

Thanks for your input....... Jim

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Jim Carden said:
Hi All:

Just wondering what the general opinion is on the storage & tie down systems? I've located a car equipped the way I want it, except for these two items. Are they worth getting, & or, are they easy to add?

Thanks for your input....... Jim

Jim,

If you're talking about the saddle bags, I use them everyday. I have all of the "stuff" that you need to carry in case of an emergency (paper towels, waterless hand cleaner, the trailer hitch stinger, tie down straps, etc.) but I must admit, I installed the net system for about 15 minutes and immediately took it out.

Seems like a little too much trouble for the advantage gained........

·
Registered
740 Posts
Saddle Bags

The $400 ones or the $200 soft saddle bags?

I wasn't going to get them because I was afraid they would interfere with storage space.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
Newer Accessories

Jim Carden said:
... Just wondering what the general opinion is on the storage & tie down systems? ... Are they worth getting, & or, are they easy to add? Thanks for your input....... Jim
I concur with Buffy, also in addition to his remarks I would consider ordering the soft side saddle bags that are now being offered as an option on the 05s and perhaps get the storage cargo ones too!

Check out this previous thread (reply #6) where I had posted some brand new accessories:
New Accessories:

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I think it all depends on what you want to use them for! I haven't used my hard storage boxes but I use the net all the time.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
wildcat66 said:
I think it all depends on what you want to use them for! I haven't used my hard storage boxes but I use the net all the time.
That's it, Machell! The engagement is off! :yesnod :lol :lol

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen the hard ones at the dealer, but not the soft ones. I didn't even know they existed! Are they smaller, bigger, or the same size as the hard ones? Does anybody have a pic of them installed in their truck? If so, I would love to see what they look like. If no pic, can you point me in the right direction to see them online somewhere?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buffy said:
Jim,

If you're talking about the saddle bags, I use them everyday. I have all of the "stuff" that you need to carry in case of an emergency (paper towels, waterless hand cleaner, the trailer hitch stinger, tie down straps, etc.) but I must admit, I installed the net system for about 15 minutes and immediately took it out.

Seems like a little too much trouble for the advantage gained........
Would you be interesed in selling the net system?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have and use the net system allthe time. I love it... I have the rear trim package and I did not want the box's to take up space where my pretty wood shows..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Net & Storage

I use the saddle bags and the cargo net. Without the bags my cleaning supplies would be all over the place. Some posts said they were unable to get into the saddle bags because the cargo net bar sets across the tops of the covers, but I find I can lift the cover and remove and replace it. Not the neatest setup, but both options are functional.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
Photos are available

Jim Carden said:
I've seen the hard ones at the dealer, but not the soft ones. I didn't even know they existed! Are they smaller, bigger, or the same size as the hard ones? Does anybody have a pic of them installed in their truck? If so, I would love to see what they look like. If no pic, can you point me in the right direction to see them online somewhere?
HI Jim,

Please go to my reply above and click on the accessory link and scroll down to reply #6 and you will see two photos showing the newer soft storage bags.
:thumbs

·
Registered
2005 SSR
436 Posts
I took the bar out of mine and put the cargo net on a bungie cord. It holds a lighter load now but is only seconds to move out of the way. I put extra eyelets in the side track and just swing the bungie cord, from across the back, to down one side and unsnap from tailgate.

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
empty space

I finally purchased my ssR on monday. Yippie!! This evening I took EVERYTHING out of the bed, I needed the space and more utilitarian finish for work- yes I will be driving my black beauty all day, every day! I guess I'll just box all the fancy stuff away till later...
I'll post pics of my tool drawer when I'm finished.
:flag

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
SA13355 said:
I took the bar out of mine and put the cargo net on a bungie cord. It holds a lighter load now but is only seconds to move out of the way. I put extra eyelets in the side track and just swing the bungie cord, from across the back, to down one side and unsnap from tailgate.
Would you sell me your bar??
email me at [email protected]

GR

1 - 15 of 15 Posts