Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a place for more storage, on top of the hydraulic system(I think that's what's in there)
I had some hearing aid boxes that were no longer needed and they fit perfectly on top of that area. They can hold spare bulbs( I upgraded mine and of course kept the originals) fuses, relays, papers documents, jewels, etc., just not very big stuff.

I stuck velcro to the box, then added the other piece, pulled the tape of of it and then positioned the box in place, press and let it sit, to cure. I can lift the lid or pull the box off of the velcro and take it out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some other storage mods I made.

I cut out the ash tray and lighter and made a storage compartment.

My R did not have a flat tire kit( I have a floor jack and stuff in one of the soft saddle bags) so I made a storage bin out of that area.
The seat does not come in contact with the storage, just like the tire kit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
When I relocated my R to Florida I had more gear then available space. I knew I would not have the top down on the cruise from Illinois in late fall. So I used the top compartment for extra storage. When my wife changes the bed comforters I save the big plastic bags for storage.

I took several of these bags and packed items that would form to fit the space available and I packed the top compartment for the trip. We hit a couple of showers and a major downpour from the FL/GA border all the way to Fort Myers. When I un packed the R, all items and the top compartment was dry.

You just need to pay attention loading and unloading this area so you won't break anything hydraulic or electrical. Otherwise it worked great for our needs.

·
Two Tone Owner
2,650 Posts
When I relocated my R to Florida I had more gear then available space. I knew I would not have the top down on the cruise from Illinois in late fall. So I used the top compartment for extra storage. When my wife changes the bed comforters I save the big plastic bags for storage.

I took several of these bags and packed items that would form to fit the space available and I packed the top compartment for the trip. We hit a couple of showers and a major downpour from the FL/GA border all the way to Fort Myers. When I un packed the R, all items and the top compartment was dry.

You just need to pay attention loading and unloading this area so you won't break anything hydraulic or electrical. Otherwise it worked great for our needs.
I agree :agree:agree:agree, I do this every year going to and coming home from Florida. ( and it's still not enough room for my wife's stuff.) :yellow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts