Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. ALL YOU BRAIN-E-ACS Headers & true dual exhaust on every day driver. Straight through too aggressive ? Chambered too tame ? I know it's a personal preference thing, but any real world experience ? Any advice would be welcomed. It,s a matter of mufflers ! P.S. I'm not planning on anymore children if that counts.

·
Registered
234 Posts
it is a very personal thing.
I have found that long tube headers, true dual exhaust and Flowmaster American Thunder mufflers to have a deep, purposeful growl that was tolerable at partial throttle and scares small children and farm animals at WOT. When I am WOT I want them to fear it.:reddevil

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Smokin'vegas: I am running Dynatech Supermaxx headers with their hi-flow cats, and then a true dual exhaust that uses two Dynatech "mufflers" about which the GM rep at Homecoming laughingly remarked "Those aren't mufflers - they're resonators!"

This combination sounds very quiet but powerful at idle, throaty but not at all offensive at cruise, and "distinct" at WOT. I drive the vehicle every day (literally, as it is my only 4-wheeled vehicle).

This exhaust added a LOT of power and torque to my midrange even when I had the stock cam in it. See my earlier posts, searching using "true dual exhaust".

Jim G

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wildcat69 said:
it is a very personal thing.
I have found that long tube headers, true dual exhaust and Flowmaster American Thunder mufflers to have a deep, purposeful growl that was tolerable at partial throttle and scares small children and farm animals at WOT. When I am WOT I want them to fear it.:reddevil
Thanks Wildcat69 . Are Thunder mufflers straight through or chambered ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JimGnitecki said:
Smokin'vegas: I am running Dynatech Supermaxx headers with their hi-flow cats, and then a true dual exhaust that uses two Dynatech "mufflers" about which the GM rep at Homecoming laughingly remarked "Those aren't mufflers - they're resonators!"

This combination sounds very quiet but powerful at idle, throaty but not at all offensive at cruise, and "distinct" at WOT. I drive the vehicle every day (literally, as it is my only 4-wheeled vehicle).

This exhaust added a LOT of power and torque to my midrange even when I had the stock cam in it. See my earlier posts, searching using "true dual exhaust".

Jim G
Hi Jim ! I've read allot,allot, allot of your posts. Dame you like to type! I assume your "resonators" are the straight through boys. I also just read your post on 4:56 gears where you listed gear-rpm-speed stats. Can I expect to be just as giddy with a 2005 6spd.
Thanks a Bunch BOB

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
smokin'vegas: MY "mufflers"are indeed straight thru. I should have mentioned that. Since they don't offend ME despite my conservatism on sound levels, you can safely assume they won't irritate your neighbors.

I haven't done a simuylation using 4.56 gearing and a manual transmission I don't think - yet, but will some time when things are a little less hectic. Right now, got a new job, supercharger kit on the way, selling current home, and trying to buy a replacement home. . .

But, I can tell you that it will be "lively" compared to 3.73!

Jim G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts