Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm hoping that someone can give me some idea on my AC problem. So here goes:

When we use the AC in our SSR it will work fine for quite a while (most of the time) and when we are going down the road. When we come into a town and slow down it will continue to work as it should and blow nice and cold most of the time. Sometimes though both at highway and in town speeds it will just switch over to defrost and start to blow hot like the heater is on full. It shuts off the a/c and won't adjust to anything else. This can happen from a few minutes after we start out or after a few hours of driving. It never seems to be the same twice. The fan speed can still be adjusted and the temp. is set to the lowest setting and it won't allow us to change from defrost. even though we are still set on a/c. When we try to adjust the temp. up and then back down it has no effect. It has happened with the unit in recirculation and standard settings. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it will do this. As we head into fall here in the Midwest it's not going to be an issue but come spring of 18 it will continue to be annoying. The only way I can seem to get it to reset is to pull over and shut the engine off for a short time (30 seconds or so) and then restart it.

So if I haven't confused you enough or if you have had the same issue I would appreciate your help and suggestions.

Thanks so much everyone and have a fantastic day!

·
Tech Support/Research
1,683 Posts
HVAC Issues

This could be caused by several items- the main cooling fan (which, if not operating properly can cause the A/C compressor to disengage), an inoperative actuator door, recalibration required of the mode actuator doors, bad HVAC control module, and more.

As a start, take a look at these threads and see if any of the suggestions there work towards a resolution.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/hvac-stuck-defrost-mode-199385/

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/clicking-noise-dash-100001/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts