Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Chevy SSR it only has 80,000 miles on it it's been sitting for over a year got it out photos it up and started getting it back in shape now when I hit a bump and go to accelerate after swimming down to hit the bump or hit a bump while driving I got a weird rattles coming from somewhere between the tranny in the rear end sounds half like the training is going too far like the rear end is going to fall out anyone experience this anyone know got any ideas what it might be

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,183 Posts
Exhaust system rattle?
Good call Bruce....... I have had the sealing “donut” on the right exhaust manifold give up, resulting in a loose system on my SSR a few years ago. If you grabbed the right tailpipe to shake the system, it would sound like a loose bucket of bolts....

My two cents,

Mike

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
15 years + 80,000 miles

Although we don't want to be reminded most Rs are OLD or getting older and begin to need repairs. :crying: Good post by Mike and others. Should be a easy fix / fun project.:grin2:

"Longer may you run" even at 80,000 you she still has a LOT of miles in her future.

Good call Bruce....... I have had the sealing “donut” on the right exhaust manifold give up, resulting in a loose system on my SSR a few years ago. If you grabbed the right tailpipe to shake the system, it would sound like a loose bucket of bolts....

My two cents,

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been underneath the car completely shaking grabbed everything seems tight the drive shaft seems tight at first I was thinking it had something to do with the rear end possibly binding anyone had an issue with it

·
Premium Member
19,882 Posts
Take it to a front end shop have them check
Out front end or if you can put it in jackstands and inspect all bushings some have had upper bushings bad with weight on it you may not be able to shake it

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If it's happening after you hit a bump check your bump stops in the rear of the truck they might need to be replaced after 80,000 miles. Replaced mine after 30,000 had one in bad shape

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,607 Posts
Dwipple, Others will offer more ideas, but, if we knew where you are located someone might meet you and listen first hand!? ALSO, I see you only have 3 posts, SO---Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts