Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
High Plains Roadster
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We use our SSR for a lot of regular chores such as going to the store and getting groceries. I used to keep some plastic crates in the back to keep the stuff from rolling around. They work for some things but not everything. When I purchased my SSR, it had a cargo net but it didn't really fit. At least, I was not able to figure out how it went together and worked to hold stuff.

I purchased from Walmart a cargo net to hold stuff in the back of a generic SUV. It fits well in the SSR bed and has three compartments, separated by mesh "walls", to hold groceries or boxes or whatever. It comes with hardware to attach to a generic SUV but I was not about to screw those things on my SSR. Instead, I used small spring clips to attach it to the rings in the side rails. After taking the photo below, I found that the net swung around a little too much so I also tethered the bottom of the net to the rings in the bottom rails with some more of these clips.

The net cost about $12 from Walmart (online) and a pair of the clips were about $1 (from an actual store). I used a total of 8 clips for both the top and bottom. So far it is working out well and is easily removed when not needed.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
We use our SSR for a lot of regular chores such as going to the store and getting groceries. I used to keep some plastic crates in the back to keep the stuff from rolling around. They work for some things but not everything. When I purchased my SSR, it had a cargo net but it didn't really fit. At least, I was not able to figure out how it went together and worked to hold stuff.

I purchased from Walmart a cargo net to hold stuff in the back of a generic SUV. It fits well in the SSR bed and has three compartments, separated by mesh "walls", to hold groceries or boxes or whatever. It comes with hardware to attach to a generic SUV but I was not about to screw those things on my SSR. Instead, I used small spring clips to attach it to the rings in the side rails. After taking the photo below, I found that the net swung around a little too much so I also tethered the bottom of the net to the rings in the bottom rails with some more of these clips.

The net cost about $12 from Walmart (online) and a pair of the clips were about $1 (from an actual store). I used a total of 8 clips for both the top and bottom. So far it is working out well and is easily removed when not needed.

View attachment 576432
(y)Like It... Very Creative...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts