Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Styles Sport Roadster
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY BABY IS TOTALED HAD A LEFT ARROW TWO CARS RAN THE RED LIGHT I HIT A NISSAN HEAD ON WHICH TURNED ME INTO A F 150 PICKUP TWO HARD HITS AND NO AIRBAGS WENT OFF. BOTH OF US WENT TO THE HOSPITAL NO BROKEN BONES BUT WE ARE REAL SORE. WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE WIFE AS SHE UST HAD A PACEMAKER PUT IN. I HIT THE STEERING WHEEL HARD BOTH TIMES. ITS BEEN A GREAT TRUCK AND I BABBIED HER FOR 15 YEARS. I DONT KNOW HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT. I CAN'T WAIT TILL THIS YEAR IS OVER.

·
Two Tone Owner
2,620 Posts
I know how you feel, ours was totaled last year. At least we didn’t get hurt.
Our front end and pass side took a big hit and the air bags didn’t go off.
I hope you and your wife recover quickly and are OK.
As far as the R is concerned, I got a good amount for mine and bought another one 3 weeks later.
Walter
PS, I can’t wait until this year is over also!

·
SSR Believer
1,562 Posts
OMG, I'm so sorry to hear about that! Accidents are such an overwhelming experience. So glad that you're both okay for the most part though. Vehicles can be replaced... but loved ones are the most important thing of course.

I know we've never met, but I feel like I practically know all of the Fanatic Family now so when anyone here is impacted, good or bad, I feel it. Sandy and I will keep you in our prayers for a fast recovery both in body and spirit and that everything gets resolved quickly and in your favor. 🙏

Wonder what is up with the air bags not deploying as expected? That's very worrisome. :cautious:

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
MY BABY IS TOTALED HAD A LEFT ARROW TWO CARS RAN THE RED LIGHT I HIT A NISSAN HEAD ON WHICH TURNED ME INTO A F 150 PICKUP TWO HARD HITS AND NO AIRBAGS WENT OFF. BOTH OF US WENT TO THE HOSPITAL NO BROKEN BONES BUT WE ARE REAL SORE. WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE WIFE AS SHE UST HAD A PACEMAKER PUT IN. I HIT THE STEERING WHEEL HARD BOTH TIMES. ITS BEEN A GREAT TRUCK AND I BABBIED HER FOR 15 YEARS. I DONT KNOW HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT. I CAN'T WAIT TILL THIS YEAR IS OVER.
Amen.

·
Premium Member
2006 aqua blur
25 Posts
OMG, I'm so sorry to hear about that! Accidents are such an overwhelming experience. So glad that you're both okay for the most part though. Vehicles can be replaced... but loved ones are the most important thing of course.

I know we've never met, but I feel like I practically know all of the Fanatic Family now so when anyone here is impacted, good or bad, I feel it. Sandy and I will keep you in our prayers for a fast recovery both in body and spirit and that everything gets resolved quickly and in your favor. 🙏

Wonder what is up with the air bags not deploying as expected? That's very worrisome. :cautious:
God bless you. Hope your healing is complete. You will have a nice replacement I’m sure

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
359 Posts
I feel your pain, see @Dicktator thread about accident in his wife's car! In 55 years of driving I have never seen such blatant disregard for driving rules & regulations as is happening now. We may not like the traffic laws but most are there for a reason. Speeding, I mean far & away beyond posted limits, drag and top end racing with no regard for safety or traffic and constant passing on double yellows are the daily norm now here in the Atlanta area. Turning out of the wrong lane to beat oncoming traffic or those who have the right of way I see almost daily. Several police stings, one just a mile+ down the street a couple weeks ago have netted tens, 20 in this case, of scofflaws and generally charges include weapon possession, driving without a license, stolen vehicles and on & on! Chances of hitting or being hit by one of these Bozos is a constant danger, but oh yea, we don't need Police to enforce to enforce the rules of the road.
Drive carefully & stay safe.:mad:o_O:cry:

·
Premium Member
3,692 Posts
Wow, 2020 just a rough year overall.
So glad that you and the wife are OK, SSR can be replaced but you can't.

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,398 Posts

HORRIBLE NEWS, Chuck . . .

Definitely glad to hear you and Donna made it out in one piece. Hopefully it will be nothing more than a BAD MEMORY when you wake up tomorrow.

SORRY to hear about your SSR . . . keep us posted.

! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: !

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,314 Posts
So glad the two of you were not seriously injured! Despite the air bags not going off, our trucks have proven to be structurally very sound. I barrel rolled my SSR last summer and ended up on my top. No serious injuries but my heart hurt more than anything...😪 Obviously the truck was totalled but make sure you don't settle quickly with the insurance company. I shared my journey in getting a " fair market value" for my truck. I created this thread to help others in similar situations. Insurance Settlement
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Again, so glad that the two of you are ok and the truck can be replaced. We can't replace you and Donna!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,662 Posts
So sorry to hear this, glad you're ok, the truck can be replaced! Prayers for a fast & full recovery.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,897 Posts
Thankful the good Lord was watching over you both. May He direct the doctors in the right treatment and may you have a full and speedy recovery. God bless.

Reactions: nj6969

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
I am so sorry
Could be wrong, but I believe you are an insurance adjuster that can look after yourselves there
If correct, I have enjoyed our conversations on damaged SSR's
I hope this works out for you and certainly hope you and your wife come out healthy

Dale

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
2020 must be some sort of a test - between the pandemic and the craziness caused thru social isolation; social unrest - the likes of which we have not seen since 1968; the loonie presidential election; hurricanes and the wildfires out west, what's next? I too will be so happy to see this year come to an end...

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,716 Posts
So glad you are both ok, sorry about your truck but it can be replaced.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts