Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Geez, that is terrible news. Glad you are not suffering too much, hopefully you can get back into one soon!

·
Proud Original Owner
18,157 Posts
Sorry to hear of the accident, but glad you both are okay.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think it will take more than a weekend to straighten the R lol, but life is more important and you have survived to tell the tale. Speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Sorry to see about the loss of your R. As with all the others, We are just glad the both of You are okay. There will be another one out there with Your name on it soon. Stay Well and Safe.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,225 Posts
AND NO AIRBAGS WENT OFF. BOTH OF US WENT TO THE HOSPITAL NO BROKEN BONES BUT WE ARE REAL SORE. WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE WIFE AS SHE UST HAD A PACEMAKER PUT IN. I HIT THE STEERING WHEEL HARD BOTH TIMES.
Our front end and pass side took a big hit and the air bags didn’t go off.
Prayers y'all🙏 have a quick recovery. This is the second instance recently where the Air Bags DIDN'T work !!?? Did you by chance have it turned off with the Glove Box switch? NOTE TO ALL----Check your Air Bag Switch and fuses!!! to be sure.

Nick

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,367 Posts
Well darn, Chuck! SSRs are getting as rare as rain here in the valley. Glad you and Donna weren’t hurt any more than you were.

Bob & Melinda

·
Registered
270 Posts
MY BABY IS TOTALED HAD A LEFT ARROW TWO CARS RAN THE RED LIGHT I HIT A NISSAN HEAD ON WHICH TURNED ME INTO A F 150 PICKUP TWO HARD HITS AND NO AIRBAGS WENT OFF. BOTH OF US WENT TO THE HOSPITAL NO BROKEN BONES BUT WE ARE REAL SORE. WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE WIFE AS SHE UST HAD A PACEMAKER PUT IN. I HIT THE STEERING WHEEL HARD BOTH TIMES. ITS BEEN A GREAT TRUCK AND I BABBIED HER FOR 15 YEARS. I DONT KNOW HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT. I CAN'T WAIT TILL THIS YEAR IS OVER.
OMG I certainly hope your both OK and not injured in any way. So sad about the R My best wishes for you and your wife . Layne12gun

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Glad that your truck was able to keep you from serious injury through all of that and we pray that you heal from your pains soon.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Sorry to hear of your wreck. My son had the same thing happen to him. Got the green arrow to turn left and a car running the light hit them head on. His hip was torn up pretty bad...full of titanium screws and bolts now. He was 25 at the time and hip will never be the same. But here is the kicker....

The cop came to our house a month later to give my son a ticket! In Ohio, even if you have a green arrow, you must yield to traffic! I was so mad....I could have shot that cop. I called a lawyer and he said there is no case. I couldn't believe it. I always took off on a green arrow. Now.....I see little signs under the stoplights with green arrows. It says "green arrow must yield to traffic". Who in their right mind would make such a law!!!???

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,532 Posts
2020 seems to be just a World Wide "bad" year!!

After our accident I noticed I don't heal as fast or as well as I did.

Don't settle to soon. Medical will take a while.

You will be OK and back in another R with your usual "Permagrin".

Dicktator

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,920 Posts
Hopefully, the Best thing was that your Baby Protected you and Donna from any injuries and that both of you are well and don't have any long lasting injuries. The SSR can be replaced, Not you guys. Hope for your painless recovery and search for your next Permagrin.... Fuji & Betty

Reactions: BlueStreak
21 - 38 of 38 Posts