Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first regular production (non-Signature Series) SSRs are expected to be in Chevrolet dealerships, in limited quantities, in summer 2003.

R

·
0 Posts
I've been bugging my buddy at the Chevy dealer for a "test drive" for months already!!:D (in advance)

·
Registered
168 Posts
How can I buy one?

My local dealer says he cannot presell an SSR. His claim is that every dealer will get one in mid May and that no one can buy till then. I see that people on this board say they have one (or more) on order. What gives?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some dealers are taking deposits on SSRs even though the car is not officially "sold". You are basically getting a sure place in line at that dealer.

Some dealers will do this and some won't. I'm sure that some of them are hoping to be able to sell their one SSR at a pretty big markup. Your dealer may want to wait and see what the market looks like before commiting to sell one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It sounds like there may very well be customers that don't end up getting the promised allocation the first year. Or even the second year for that matter.

I was speaking with a popular Chevrolet dealer yesterday who told me something a little disturbing:

We are scheduled for one SSR in 2004, one in 2005, and two in 2006. This thing is WAY more limited than Corvettes! Unfortunately there will be many unsatisfied customers who are promised delivery by dealers who won't be able to get them.
I hope that doesn't prove to be widespread.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: How can I buy one?

nostoc said:
My local dealer says he cannot presell an SSR. His claim is that every dealer will get one in mid May and that no one can buy till then. I see that people on this board say they have one (or more) on order. What gives?
no dealer will have one in mid may and every dealer will NOT get a 2003 the first ones will start showing up at dealers about august

E

·
0 Posts
Test drives should be out of the question. Limited cars like this one are not opened up for showrooms. Also, if it is pre-sold, it belongs to someone and can not be opened for another customer.

Personally, if the dealer lets someone test drive my SSR, I will be quite mad. The deal I have with my dealer ($500 down in Jan 02)is the first one at MSRP with no markups. The sales guy had it approved by the owner and have it in writing. It should be as good as anything out there. I guess they can still try to ell mine to someone else, but again they will hear from my attorney.

I have put my order on paper for the dealer for all the options (came out to about $46k) and black exterior. He can not put the order through yet, but as soon as he can, he will.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
My wife got her 2003 Torch Red Vette last month. At the time of delivery I said I wanted there first SSR. Today in the mail I received the SSR literature from our dealer. They have told me I would get the third (3rd) one. The owner, sales manager get #1 and #2. I don't have my hopes up as I don't expect they will receive even one this year. Time will tell. I have seen one around town, it's get's major attention. Until they are available in any quanity we might as well :cry and:banghead !

E

·
0 Posts
Well it's now August 2003 ...and No dealers in the Seattle area have one to display. :grouphug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts