Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI Group,

I thought it would fun to post/share photos of OUR SSRs at different events in our local areas throughout the summer. I was just at one today in Wheatfield, NY (near Niagara Falls)

I happen to park next to the SSR "Inspiration Vehicle". It was a 1951 Chevrolet, and the older couple that owned the 51 - PKUP were very interested in the history and story of how the 49-53 pickup truck inspired the creation of our SSRs. (They talked about the many features of the old truck that they could see that were carried over in the making of the new SSRoadster)

Also there was a retired GM POWERTRAIN friend of mine with a 1946 Chevrolet Pickup- 5.50 racer... he said he blew away a few dragsters the other night... LOL :cheers Oh yes, I thought his dark silver & black paint job was very classy.

It lead me to think, hmmmm I wonder if they will ever make a SSR in two-tone colors someday???
:cool

Please share some of your show/curise photos soon! :thumbs

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice Car show shots!

Wow love those photos... and the location too!!!! Thanks for sharing. I hope that we can see more show photos from the other gals and guys here. :thumbs

Ps yellow looks great on those trucks too! :cool

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice!

Hey Keith,

WOW... don't you ever sit still???? LOL You and your sweet SSR are all over the place :lol :lol :lol

Again, great shots!!!! MORE MORE MORE :yesnod

Hey everyone, I am also looking for shots of any car shows of the past too! Please feel free to share them with us here.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Show today

HI Group,

Just wanted to share a few photos of todays Car show in Niagara Falls. Was a nice day with some SUN finally :D

There will be a GM POWERTRAIN Car Show this coming Saturday in the Buffalo, NY area. If anyone is interested in directions to attend this great event please email me and I will provide you with directions.

:party

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Gmpowertrain Show

HI Group,

What a rainy day for our show :( but still a nice time was had by all. UAW/GM Motor Sports Show was in town also. They brought in two Stock Cars and gave out free photos for those that posed in them. Tons of games and vendors with live music on the front lawn over looking the Niagara River. :)

The Die hard cruisers came out dispite the heavy rain in the am. The live music was great and the food too. GM had some of their new up coming products... i.e. H2 SUT, G6 Pontiac and Buicks new Mini Van and the Lacrosse .

GMPT Tonawanda has the best view in Powertrain... faces the Niagara River :seeya

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agree

I have to agree Brownhornet, :) Notice how nice your yellow stands out there under that tent? Yellow always looks bright even in the rain lol :cool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts