Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had planned a 3 day extended weekend on the shores of Lake Erie but due to work commitments it dwindled back to a regular 2 day weekend. (I hate work but it pays for the lifestyle). The plan was to tow the SSR to the lake behind the motorhome and spend the weekend cruzin the shore. After a late start Fri. we arrived in Pt. Clinton, Oh and spent the night with our friends in our camping club (44 coaches) at a campground near the lake. Saturday we cruizid the shore with the top down. The weather was perfect. Bright blue skies, low humidity, calm blue water, no rain, light breeze and warm weather! The lake shore was filled with activities. A Harley cruise-in and a car show was going on in the local towns plus barbecue rib or chicken dinners and fresh caught perch dinners, We visited several local wineries and sampled their wines. We also stopped at an orchard and bought some local peaches and apples. The peaches were ripe and super sweet, unlike the kind you get at the local grocery store. The kind in our stores go from bullet hard to rotten overnight and never get any flavor. Like they say in the South ‘None mo’ better’!. This is what the SSR was made for, cruzin around and filling the rear bed with food and wine!!!!!!. After 2 days of cruzin we hooked the car behind the motorhome and headed home. Back to reality, tomorrow the only cruzin I will be doing is in my backyard on my slingshot yellow cub cadet mower mowing 5 acres. Next weekend’s weather promises to be a repeat performance of the last few days so we will be cruzin again!

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time! We do a lot of camping also. This weekend you couldn't ask for better weather!! Perfect for a getaway weekend.
Did you get to sample the wine?
How many miles of the lake shore line did you travel in the SSR?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts