Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,300 Posts
perhaps you could give details of the show so that others could attend :)

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Classy Chassis Car Show In downtown Sumner Washington.Sunday August 12TH 2018 from 10 AM to 3 PM. Check In at 7AM. $25.00 Registration Fee. 200 plus cars at the show. Also please bring a canned food donaton for the food bank. Sumner Washington Is about 35 miles south from Seattle Washington. Sandy and Wayne, We hope to see you guys at the show, And I will even let you sit In the R, Since you sold yours and just maybe you will be buying another SSR down the road In the near future. Cheers, you are lucky, Just think If there was two of me floating around. Donny Two Shoes

·
16,300 Posts
Hope you guys have better weather than what we’re forecast for Saturday or you won’t be Donny Two Shoes but maybe Donny Gumboots :lol

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Wayne and Sandy, Head this way. Sunday 85 degrees and clear skies. We may even have Elvis Prestley putting on a show on the stage. I think I may wear my cowboy boots and THONG???????????????????? And put on a show from the past, Just before Im sent to the funny farm, Singing jail house rock. Dam, Captain Jack rum and coke at It again. Cheers

·
16,300 Posts
A thong you say? Gee, I think I’m busy, gotta get a haircut or something :crazy

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Fun CAR Show Sumner

A thong you say? Gee, I think I’m busy, gotta get a haircut or something :crazy
Hello to Donny and Sandy, we sure do miss you Sandy and Wayne, say do you remember a fanatic from California by the name of Doug Atkinson, purple SSR, well I was standing by our SSR at the Sumner car show and Doug walks up and says, Hal how the heck are you?! It was Doug Atkinson, Doug was a good friend and local SSR Fanatic enthusiast, promoting SSR events when we fist got our SSR in 2005/2006. He came to our first CRUZ gathering of SSR's in Port Orchard, hair all white, but he looked the same, tall slender build, looked good, lives in Tucson, AZ. now. Anyway, I asked him what he was doing in the little town of Sumner, he was visiting his son, who lives there, I said actually, the reason I am here with my wife, because our son and his two boys live in Sumner too. Small world hey! Sumner show doesn't hold a candle to the Port Orchard CRUZ though, 600-700 cars vs 230 cars, no comparison, but we got to see and visit our great fanatics friends and visit our grandkids too, win! Win! Back to the Cruz next year though! Sorry Sumner, no offense, it was well organized and the town is quaint and most friendly! :)

PS: Sorry Doug Adkins not Atkinson,..age memory you know....

·
16,300 Posts
Hello to Donny and Sandy, we sure do miss you Sandy and Wayne, say do you remember a fanatic from California by the name of Doug Atkinson, purple SSR, well I was standing by our SSR at the Sumner car show and Doug walks up and says, Hal how the heck are you?! It was Doug Atkinson, Doug was a good friend and local SSR Fanatic enthusiast, promoting SSR events when we fist got our SSR in 2005/2006. He came to our first CRUZ gathering of SSR's in Port Orchard, hair all white, but he looked the same, tall slender build, looked good, lives in Tucson, AZ. now. Anyway, I asked him what he was doing in the little town of Sumner, he was visiting his son, who lives there, I said actually, the reason I am here with my wife, because our son and his two boys live in Sumner too. Small world hey! Sumner show doesn't hold a candle to the Port Orchard CRUZ though, 600-700 cars vs 230 cars, no comparison, but we got to see and visit our great fanatics friends and visit our grandkids too, win! Win! Back to the Cruz next year though! Sorry Sumner, no offense, it was well organized and the town is quaint and most friendly! :)
Yes, we remember Doug Adkins. Met him at the '07 Kingsburg show. And helped him celebrate his birthday (April). Great story Hal, we miss you and Toni very much too :grouphug

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hal do you know the date for the 2019 Pt Orchard car show? I am hoping it is not the same day as the Sumner show. Would like to do both.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Hey REDRACER. Buy another SSR, Send the wife to one and you go to the other. All bases covered. You are bound to win a trophy.Yippee????????????????

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Maybe I should buy that 32 roadster that was at the show or something like it. Or get Carol that 57 Tbird for only 45 grand, then I could do both shows.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Port Orchard CRUZ

Maybe I should buy that 32 roadster that was at the show or something like it. Or get Carol that 57 Tbird for only 45 grand, then I could do both shows.
Hello to all my wonderful SSR Friends: Yes Sandy, I thought you knew Doug, super nice guy and great Fanatic for sure!

Glenn: I like the way you are thinking, Donny's idea is funny,only because we know how much Carole loves these shows>>>right...:grin2: The last three years it seems the Sumner and Cruz are the same day, that's because they choose the second Sunday of August, so my guess they are the same! Take care my fanatic friends, we need an event before end of SSR season,
Maybe we should advertise the Daffodil Scholarship Car show September 23,2018 at Griot's Garage in Tacoma off of 38th st, 3333 S 38th St. Tacoma, Wa., their new store! 9:00AM to 2:30 PM Sunday. You want to start a thread Glenn?! Hal :)

·
16,300 Posts

Hello to all my wonderful SSR Friends: Yes Sandy, I thought you knew Doug, super nice guy and great Fanatic for sure!

Glenn: I like the way you are thinking, Donny's idea is funny,only because we know how much Carole loves these shows>>>right...:grin2: The last three years it seems the Sumner and Cruz are the same day, that's because they choose the second Sunday of August, so my guess they are the same! Take care my fanatic friends, we need an event before end of SSR season,
Maybe we should advertise the Daffodil Scholarship Car show September 23,2018 at Griot's Garage in Tacoma off of 38th st, 3333 S 38th St. Tacoma, Wa., their new store! 9:00AM to 2:30 PM Sunday. You want to start a tread Glenn?! Hal :)
Great idea Hal - here's some links for the thread - Save the Date! Annual Daffodil Scholarship Foundation Car Show, September 23rd 2018 ? Daffodil Scholarship Foundation and afterwards the Odd Otter :) https://oddotterbrewing.com/ :party

1 - 15 of 15 Posts