Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through all the posts with the word "visor" and don't see anything relating to my problem. I think the stock sunvisors are worthless, is it just my SSr???

They don't really have much use for the windshield as the windshield frame cuts my vision off at the horizon. If you move them to the side, the don't stay put and they are in a completely useless position leaving the top of the side window exposed. I would think I'm not the first to complain, but I see no evidence of this. Is this just my car that has the problem? :confused
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
How tall are you, I am 5'8" and they are perfect. I do have my seat adjusted all the way down. I do notice that if you lower them you cannot see a stop light without bending way forward.
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
fjungman said:
I've read through all the posts with the word "visor" and don't see anything relating to my problem. I think the stock sunvisors are worthless, is it just my SSr???

They don't really have much use for the windshield as the windshield frame cuts my vision off at the horizon. If you move them to the side, the don't stay put and they are in a completely useless position leaving the top of the side window exposed. I would think I'm not the first to complain, but I see no evidence of this. Is this just my car that has the problem? :confused
I have the same problem when I turn them to the side drivers window they are very loose and they drop down so that they don't help with the sun at all..... I always forget to compare others SSR owners visors .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2005SSR6Speed said:
How tall are you, I am 5'8" and they are perfect. I do have my seat adjusted all the way down. I do notice that if you lower them you cannot see a stop light without bending way forward.
I'm 6'2".
What are your's like when moved to the side window? Do they line up at the top, or are then down in the middle of the window?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
Visor

I use my visor occasionally (5'8", seat down). when I move the visor to the side it remains at the top half the window. My problem is that it isn't long enough so that most of the time I would have to lean forward in order for it to block the sun light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
fjungman said:
I've read through all the posts with the word "visor" and don't see anything relating to my problem. I think the stock sunvisors are worthless, is it just my SSr???

They don't really have much use for the windshield as the windshield frame cuts my vision off at the horizon. If you move them to the side, the don't stay put and they are in a completely useless position leaving the top of the side window exposed. I would think I'm not the first to complain, but I see no evidence of this. Is this just my car that has the problem? :confused

Just buy a 500 dollar pair of sunglasses like i did and you won't have to worry about the visors. i am 6'3" and i can't see out the windshield at all if i use my sun visor :jester :lol :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking4_an_ssr said:
I use my visor occasionally (5'8", seat down). when I move the visor to the side it remains at the top half the window. My problem is that it isn't long enough so that most of the time I would have to lean forward in order for it to block the sun light.
This is interesting. Do you mean that the top of the sun visor is at the very top of the window so the sun does not come through above it? If so, I wonder if there is a factory installation issue with the visors on mine and Wildcat66's...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
ok...ok

fjungman said:
This is interesting. Do you mean that the top of the sun visor is at the very top of the window so the sun does not come through above it? If so, I wonder if there is a factory installation issue with the visors on mine and Wildcat66's...

Ok you made me go out and look to see if I was a liar or not.... :lol

So if I pull the visor out 90 degrees, it remains perfectly level. Once it gets past 90 degrees it dips down drastically. I guess I just automatically put it just 90 degrees out now because putting it further is useless.
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
Ok so thats three of us, everyone go check.

Mine works fine in front of me but when put to the side it won't stay in place an is very loose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Ok so thats three of us, everyone go check.

Mine works fine in front of me but when put to the side it won't stay in place an is very loose.

now, mine stays in place and doesn't move....if I only put it out 90 degrees, which is what I do.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top