Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its sunny here and going to be 40 today . just backed mine out of the garage and going cruizing.I wish everybody was having good weather so they could also enjoy their SSr

·
Registered
136 Posts
sunny here, in the low 60's but awfully windy. will pass on the cruise today and make up for it in the next week (70's and sunny with wind abating)

t

·
Registered
181 Posts
dohyatt, It was around 40 degrees here in NW Tennessee and I took advantage of the weather for a 75 mile cruise through Land Between The Lakes (between the Tennessee River and the Cumberland River) and Ft. Donelson (Civil War battlefield) at Dover, Tn. Too cold for the top to be down but got to listen to all 4 CD's from ZZ Top's Chrome, Smoke and BBQ box set. I'm ready for Springtime!

·
Registered
407 Posts
mine's in the garage but tooling around listening to ZZ Top sounds pretty appealing!

those guitar riffs and this car go together like peanut butter and jelly.

but just for laughs, i also love to blast old dino and frank between billy joel and the supremes.

i actually sit in my new black beauty with the top down in the garage and listen to tapes.

are we ssr owners crazed or what!?

rick:cool

·
Registered
136 Posts
ssr appropriate audio

how about Rod Stewart's Great American Songbook Volume I and II. Picture warm evening, top down, full moon....

t

·
Registered
181 Posts
ricardo, Yeah, you're right, I think most of us are crazed, obsessed, fanatical or whatever you want to call us but damn we're having fun with our new rides! I just don't know of any other vehicle being made that puts smiles on the faces of both the owners and observers the way the SSR does. When I picked up my Redline Red SSR from a large dealer in the St. Louis area they had 2 new Corvettes (a yellow one and a black one) out in front of the dealership and people would walk by without even looking at them just so they oggle the SSR. People of all ages gravitate to the SSR like it's a magnet. I have yet to buy gas without attracting a crowd of people asking a myriad of questions about "what is it" and 99% compliment it. I had an 82 yr. old neighbor lady say it's the best looking car she's ever seen. She is a bit senile and her eyesight isn't the best so I might not put a lot of validity in her judgement. Hope you get an early Spring up your way so you can get it on the road!

·
Registered
407 Posts
yeah i've only had the pleasure of one test drive and the drive to the garage after buying and CAN NOT WAIT to get her on the street.

you should have taken that ol' lady for a drive. now THAT would have been a sight!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Taking a trip to California Car Cover co. in Chatsworth

Heading out to California where I see its going to be 72..
may have to put the top down..Its windy here in Las Vegas
and may have up to 50 mph wind gusts before its over..
Taking side trip to Chatsworth show room for my SSR
cover..

Ladyinred,:angel
Lizz

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Good Times!

Top down day today!!!

Medeski, Martin and Wood in the CD...

Can't drive it enough. Taking it to the Internation Farm Equipment show in Tulare tomorrow - should be a hit there...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! I am a relatively new member, but not new to reading all of the discussions....this particular one got my attention...I completely agree! I cannot drive my SSR without smiling :yesnod
I, too, waited two years for mine and it was well worth the wait!!!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Congrats...

Welcome to the SSR group.

So wheres the photos of your SSR? Color?

03 or 04?

Another top down day at the International Farm Equipment Show...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Warm and sunny in FL with almost no wind. Found a Sam Cook greatest hits cd and sunset along the beach. Life gets no better!!!!

t

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Morro Rock

sx...nova:

It's Morro Rock in Morro Bay - San Luis Obispo County...

Amy426:

Wow you had one of the first SSR's in California! And you kept it a secret... Are you going to show it this spring?

·
Registered
407 Posts
hey amy,

i waited only 4 days for my black fully loaded (with running boards). i saw one on a transporter and just had to get one. never did anything like that before.

many owners waited two years. don't know how anybody did that. i couldn't sleep waiting just a few days!

and lemme see......i now have a toy truck, parking sign, license plate brackets, tow cover, hat, jacket, shirt, and a pullover all emblazoned with ssr.

i am totally addicted.

anyway.....welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd heard it was one of the first in CA, but I wasn't sure....yes, I hope to show it...that would be fun!

I got on the waiting list in hopes of "maybe some day" and never really expected it to happen, especially after all of the delays and cancellations....but my dealership stayed true and never expected a deposit....I would recommend them to anyone!!! Chase Chevrolet in Stockton, California.

I, too, have the toys and shirts :)....as I said above, I thought that was as close as I'd get!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Pacific Coast Dream Machines

I know the 'waiting' feeling. I ordered mine in June and took delivery in December. Drove it to California from Missoula Montana - Karl Tyler Chevrolet - good folks...
(Local dealership wanted 35k over...)

http://www.miramarevents.com/dreammachines/entryform.pdf

This show is right on the ocean - and has some airshow stuff too. I've driven past it the last couple of years on the way to see the the Giants at Pac Bell... I sent my reg in last week.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts