Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The visor thread is closed. I just wanted to ask a question.

I bought a pair of the decals on ebay, 7973429146 . I liked the design on these better than the others. I peeled back the clear overlay and noticed the decals are GLOSS black. Has anyone else got a pair of these? I am not going to put these on the SSR. I think the glossy decal would stand out more than the warning label. Don't get me wrong, the seller was friendly and helpful. I just didn't know they were glossy. I am going to have a local graphics place make me the same design on a matte black background. If anyone has used the glossy, what does it look like after installation?

Jason

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Jason: I had the same objection. There is a better solution: remove the stock decals!

There is a thread on how to do this properly and not damage the visors. Do a search on "visor" or "warning" and you will find it. The procedure is tedious, but effective.

Jim G

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
The procedure is tedious, but effective.

Jim G

Jason, total time for this procedure was less that 2 hours and it made the interior look 100 times better!

·
Registered
65 Posts
It works

I agree, the instructions on this site to remove the decals are very detailed and very effective.
Take your time, use lots of patience, and the results are very rewarding.
The "clean" look is the way to go!!!
Happy Motoring,
Paul :cool

G

·
I did use the decals...

Action said:
The visor thread is closed. I just wanted to ask a question.

I bought a pair of the decals on ebay, 7973429146 . I liked the design on these better than the others. I peeled back the clear overlay and noticed the decals are GLOSS black. Has anyone else got a pair of these? I am not going to put these on the SSR. I think the glossy decal would stand out more than the warning label. Don't get me wrong, the seller was friendly and helpful. I just didn't know they were glossy. I am going to have a local graphics place make me the same design on a matte black background. If anyone has used the glossy, what does it look like after installation?

Jason

I bought decals off e-bay for the same reason - I hated the yellow warnings. I was surprized about the gloss vs/ matte black. However, I put them on anyway and they look fine. From afar they are not noticed much but I have had several people ask if those are included when buying the car - they like them. And they have grown on me as well.

Had I known (prior) to buying the decals about the thread to remove the yellow warning I probably would have. Either way the yellow is gone!

:angel

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Chevygirl,

I did the same this, but after after seeing Jim G's visors where he removed the yellow stickers, I bought the 91% isopropoalchohol on the way home and did it that night.

It looks GREAT now!

Take a look...................... (Oh yeah, pardon my messy garage!)

Attachments

G

·
Gee Buffy!

Buffy said:
Chevygirl,

I did the same this, but after after seeing Jim G's visors where he removed the yellow stickers, I bought the 91% isopropoalchohol on the way home and did it that night.

It looks GREAT now!

Take a look...................... (Oh yeah, pardon my messy garage!)
Talk about makin' a girl feel guilty! You're right, they do look much better - ok, now I'm gonna have explain to my hubby why I'm pulling them off! I hope he's not a member of the sticker police!!! :lol :lol :lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Chevygirl said:
Now I'm gonna have explain to my hubby why I'm pulling them off! I hope he's not a member of the sticker police!!! :lol :lol :lol

Tell him he will look YOUNGER without the yellow tint on his face!!!! :bs :lol

G

·
Robbin' the cradle

Buffy said:
Tell him he will look YOUNGER without the yellow tint on his face!!!! :bs :lol

He's 7 yrs my junior - he's not worried about looking too old! :lol

He thinks I'm nuts now anyway - I tell him after years of dealing with his "vettewife", it's my turn - at least we have something in common!!!

Are you going to Nashville tomorrow?

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Naw, heading up to Washington DC for a week of R&R. Never been there, so I'm excited.

Film at 11:00!

G

·
Have fun

Enjoy your trip. :seeya

I'll post any pics from HRPT Tues PM.

Thanks for the info on the decals.

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts