Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) :) :) :)

A picture in todays paper of the Steeler parade in Pittsburgh Yesterday had the Steeler players riding down the streets of Pittsburgh in Black and Yellow SSRs.

:flag :flag :flag

:thumbs

In honor of their win GM should change the SSR to stand for

SUPER STEELER ROADSTER

if only for a day.

:cool :cool

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I sure the hell would not do it. Unless it was a couple of bunnies.. maybe not even then.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I was thinking the same thing when I saw them on the lid!!!! I bet GM has to replace them afterwards!!!! Cool idea but not cool sitting on top, Should have taken the covers off! :yesnod

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
My redline has been in several parades. Last year at the car show on the square a bride in her wedding dress sat on the tonneau cover. It made for some great pictures. She also posed with a red street rod. We always throw a quilt up there for the girls to sit on, so no problems yet. It's great being the center of attention!!!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Yeah wayne but what about the weight of two or three Pro Football players, that is probably over 300 Lbs!:eek

People have mentioned how they put something to large in the bed and tried to shut the top and it put a dent in it! Why would having this much weight on top be any different!?

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
I wouldn't do it:nono but they sure looked good in that parade matching the team colors.:)

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The plastic panel that goes between and behind the seats was designed for a 300 lb homecoming queen. It is supported by the roof support structure that is behind the seats.
The steel parts behind that, (Roof Tonneau, Bed Cover) had no requirements for external loads.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
freezer said:
The plastic panel that goes between and behind the seats was designed for a 300 lb homecoming queen. It is supported by the roof support structure that is behind the seats.
The steel parts behind that, (Roof Tonneau, Bed Cover) had no requirements for external loads.
300 lb homecoming queen:eek

All kidding aside - it's nice to know the design allows for 'parade seating'.

·
Registered
579 Posts
No Excuses

Wow, now that we know that the tonneau can take the weight of two football players on it, there is no excuse for people not bringing their family members on some of our runs! Just pile them on and go! :glol :glol :glol :glol

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

1 - 20 of 22 Posts