Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone with the Magnuson running a Kenne Bell Boost A Pump Module or MSD Boost A Pump?

I would like specifics as far as connection/wiring before purchase.

Does it connect to the same inputs/outputs as my current Magnavolt box?
That would be pretty simple; I still have the 100+ page SC instructions handly to reference.
I was pretty comfortable when having a document telling me which specific harness and wire to cut.

If different (or the same) does anyone have photos and or instructions for our specific SSR application?

Open searches show a few variations on installation, locations of tie-in, etc, but nothing specifically for the SSR.

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone with the Magnuson running a Kenne Bell Boost A Pump Module or MSD Boost A Pump?

I would like specifics as far as connection/wiring before purchase.

Does it connect to the same inputs/outputs as my current Magnavolt box?
That would be pretty simple; I still have the 100+ page SC instructions handly to reference.
I was pretty comfortable when having a document telling me which specific harness and wire to cut.

If different (or the same) does anyone have photos and or instructions for our specific SSR application?

Open searches show a few variations on installation, locations of tie-in, etc, but nothing specifically for the SSR.
After a lot of searching/reading, I created the attached image pertaining to replacing the (trouble ridden) Magnavolt with the newer Magnuson supplied Boost A Pump.

Still looking/researching the potential of using a typical Kenne Bell BAP.

Attachments

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,998 Posts
After a lot of searching/reading, I created the attached image pertaining to replacing the (trouble ridden) Magnavolt with the newer Magnuson supplied Boost A Pump.

Still looking/researching the potential of using a typical Kenne Bell BAP.
The Kenne Bell has the pressure transducer as a separate part outside the box. The Magnuson unit has the pressure transducer internal to the box. Small difference in wiring needs..... No big deal. I've done both.

Easy purchase from Superchargersonline.com. They also have really good technical support. This is a common problem with the old Magnavolt systems and they have retrofitted a bunch........

Mike

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was considering this a while back, when I was having issues. Found a bad terminal on the large connector that plugs into the back of the Magnavolt, making an intermittent connection. You could see the heat affected area around the terminal on the connector. Fixed that, and my Magnavolt issues went away ( at least for now). Might be worth taking a look. I think it was the Large Grey wire.

Another member used this info to fix his, and posted some good pictures. I'll try and track down that post.

See post in this thread with pictures, post 21...
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/intermittent-dying-no-cranks-no-start-210426/

I see you were following this thread, so I assume this is not going to fix your issues....

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was considering this a while back, when I was having issues. Found a bad terminal on the large connector that plugs into the back of the Magnavolt, making an intermittent connection. You could see the heat affected area around the terminal on the connector. Fixed that, and my Magnavolt issues went away ( at least for now). Might be worth taking a look. I think it was the Large Grey wire.

Another member used this info to fix his, and posted some good pictures. I'll try and track down that post.

See post in this thread with pictures, post 21...
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/intermittent-dying-no-cranks-no-start-210426/

I see you were following this thread, so I assume this is not going to fix your issues....
That was a good post, I saw it when you posted and immediately checked mine.

My motivation is more preventative in nature.
The Magnavolt has been holding up but it's reputation has me a little concerned considering mine is a daily driver.

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it were me I would pose your question to Joe DeLano at Left Coast 32. He has considerable experience with Magnuson products with respect to SSRs. His number is (760) 522-8669. Email [email protected]. Web site www.leftcoast32.com. He seems to respond best to text messages.
I sent the instruction/picture out to Joe @ Leftcoast; he confirmed that's the retrofit process.

I'll have my new BAP arriving this week so I'll try it out first hand over the weekend.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts