Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that putting a Supercharger on an engine increases the temp. significantly?
You also have to burn high octane?
What kind of investment can one expect for purchase and installation?

Currently have the 2004 SSR.....

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
supercharger

I have a Magnacharger on mine and the temp is no higher than my wifes without the supercharger. I get about 1 mile per gallon better gas milage if i don't have my foot in it. If you buy an 05 you have to use high octane fuel to. The price of a supercharger all depends on if you can install it yourself & if you want polished or non-polished. PM me if you would like a super deal on a Magnacharger.

Ed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Super Deal on Magna Charger

Have followed this site for best of a year. Took delivery of my red line red Dec. 03. Considered trading it in on 05 6 speed but was offered 30k on trade.Have 2400 miles on it did not want to take a beating like that .Have since looked into super charging for next spring.Would be interested in how you did your grille and what deals you might have on the Magna charger. This is my 1st attempt at a response on this site hope you get it .Thanks for any help you may provide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
I put a magnacharger intercooled on my 2003 ssr it makes a big dif-
It took me 13 hours to install it complete.
I got it from race and street.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
Supercharger

I have a 05 Redline and would like to put a supercharger on it real bad. I just found out that magnacharger does not have one for production yet. Cost is about $4,900.00 for best deal including shipping. Self install. Any advice or comments from anyone about 05 install would be appreciated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
supercharger

I read somewhere last couple of days where I think someone put an Eaton or Magnusson Supercharger on thier SSR.Costs $ 400??? or there abouts. Not real sure.
Don't know too much in mechanical area......thus. hope I haven't embarrassed myself!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have had a Magnacharger on mine since about August 1 and love it :)
My temp is no higher then when the system was stock. It added a lot of HP with out it feeling like you are going to rip out the rear. I had dyno my SSR before and after it picked up 115 HP and 102 ft lbs
QWRSSR is the guy to talk to about this about purchasing one of these babies
:seeya

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Nice

I agree with Tom - SSRcobra, I had a chance to see his awesome custom SSR last summer. Not only did it look great it ran like a scared rabbit and it sure sounded terrific following it around Michigan ... :thumbs

·
Registered
349 Posts
Magnacharger Supercharger

Aren't any of you guys afraid of what can happen when you put that additional 115 hp to the rest of the drive train that was not designed for it? I was going to go the supercharger route too, but when I see that GM upgraded the transmission for the '05 because of the additional 90 hp (maybe other reasons, too?), it scared me off. I wouldn't race or otherwise abuse it, but it still makes me leary of the potential trouble it could cause.

Now if I had an '05, I would have to make the move for the added horsepower of the supercharger. In dollars spent per horsepower gained, it's the least expensive way to improve your performance. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Magnacharger

I now have 7,000 miles on my SSR with the Magnacharger and have had NO problems at all. Im sure that if i beat on it i could hurt something, but than i sure the same could be said about a stock one. :thumbs

·
Registered
218 Posts
It took me about 15 hours (4 days I do have a job) any really had no problems
I would do the install again in a heart beat.
Once again the power is nice but it is not like you are going to rip out the rest of the drive train. NO WAY!
thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
186 Posts
Agree with SSRCobra

Yes i have to agree with SSRCobra i have met QWWKSSR and when i have the money i will have him install the mangacharger for me probllay nexy spring but he is real knowelegable in the race feild as its his hobby wooohooo go get em but ya call him he will be glad to answer any and all questions Doug. :thumbs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts