1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
First installs I've found. Radix is from Magnacharger - don't know who has the install on the SEMA show truck

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
This is Magnacharger install

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not familiar with Magnacharger. Are they reputable? Lingenfelter is the MAN for Chevys and he is actually endorsed by GM I think. He usually gives a warrant on the engine also.

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
They have a lot of applications - check their website. Pricing is high, but it is a roots type blower.

I don't know who built the one on the SEMA truck, but it's interesting. It uses a shaft drive to the rear of the blower, allowing the stock intake system to stay.

It would probably allow the use of the intake system on the GM display SSR that was lowered and equipped with the 6 litre. It was featured in the October issue of Truck Builder - I can probably find the manufacturer name if you're interested.

Vortex builds a really good centrifugal system - a lot lesss money, and they have an installation for the 5.3 (Check latest issue of trucking for their advertising), but I'm not sure if it would fit as is on the SSR - it was intended for the full size pickups.

Truckin magazine is a pretty good source for articles and ads for the various supercharger manufacturers - there a several out there.

If you look at the link to Lingen----(can't spell it) they pull and rebuild the engine, so the truck is on their premises for a couple of weeks. I know they do incredible work, but you can probably get acceptable results for less money with a blower (plus a lot of cool shiny parts)

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
I just noticed - if you go to superchargers on the Lingenfelter link, they use Magnacharger. If you get the engine redone, then supercharge it, you'll probably leave Lingenfelter short about $15000 - but you'll be able to leave in a hurry.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The last time I talked to Lingenfelter guys, they told me that they have never worked on an SSR and it would probably take them 3-4 weeks for the first one. It bothers me also to leave the car for that long. I just want a simple solution to add another 100 to 150 HP to this truck and knock a 1 to 1.5 second off of 0-60. Not very familiar with superchargers. The word on the street is that Turbochargers is better but according to magnacharger people that is a common misconception and Supercharger is better. I am now confused even more. I just want my extra HP :banghead

I got it Friday at 2:30 with 2 miles on it and I already have 125 miles on it. I just kept driving today. It's such a high... It was 50 here today and I had the top down, windows up, heater blowing on level 2 and the seats on low heat. I loved it. A guy in Porsche 911 C4S made an illegal uturn to catch up to me, rolled the window down and yelled at me: "your car is gorgeous" . He was an MD per his License plate. Every where I went people loved the car. :cheers

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife thinks I'm sick... She hates attention fropm strangers :jester

C

·
0 Posts
I have driven 5.3 pickup trucks with the magnacharger and they run nice lingenfelter does a great job and if you can afford it it may be worth it. anyhow i just joined this list a few days ago and i hope to one day be able to afford one of these beauties.

·
Registered
112 Posts
cadavev said:
I have driven 5.3 pickup trucks with the magnacharger and they run nice lingenfelter does a great job and if you can afford it it may be worth it. anyhow i just joined this list a few days ago and i hope to one day be able to afford one of these beauties.
Come on just spend the cash now Dave, You know you want to! And what you mean "1990 Gmc Jimmy 4X4 (Pro Show)" ? It ain't good any more after I farted in it :lol

C

·
0 Posts
Bruce you did not get in my 1990 jimmy as it is my dads and it a 2 door suv like the old blazer just a gmc version and it is lfited on 36 in tires what wew cruised in was my buddies 91 dually i am working on. and yes if i had the money now i woukd spend it on one of these beauties.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts