Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Yellow
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 05 was looking at putting on a supercharger. Checked around both at Magnason and at Edelbrock and neither makes the kit any more for an SSR LS2..... left coast 32 put me on an “interested list” . Any other thoughts from the group?

Allen
Yellow 2005

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
849 Posts
Have an 05 was looking at putting on a supercharger. Checked around both at Magnason and at Edelbrock and neither makes the kit any more for an SSR LS2..... left coast 32 put me on an “interested list” . Any other thoughts from the group?

Allen
Yellow 2005
I installed a Magnuson TVS1900 under the supervision of Mike Moro last year. Joe remotely tuned it, and then he fine tuned it at Branson. I absolutely love it. I did various upgrades in preparation for the s/c, suspension, cooling, transmission, etc to increase the margins as I live in a hot environment. The truck drives totally normally, unless you put your foot down and then you need to have your wits about you as things begin to happen fast. As an R weighs 4600+lbs, it’s not a dragster or a race car, but it is a lot of fun.

The TVS1900 installs without the firewall modification needed for the TVS2300 to fit and it is more efficient lower in RPMs. The TVS2300 fits, but requires the firewall to be moved back and it is more efficient at higher RPMs than the TVS1900. In street configurations the TVS2300 is underdriven and the TVS1900 is overdriven.

Both the TVS1900 and TVS2300 are a kick in the pants. Joe, Mike and I had quite a fun conversation after we returned from back to back runs of our trucks, Mike’s has a chrome TVS2300. Joe and Mike are absolutely awesome to work with.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have an 05 with a Magnusom SC. I also have long tube headers, different cam and transmission mods. It has been professionally tuned on a dyno which is the only way go. Dyno tuning simulates real world conditions that computer tuning alone can't do. It cost a lot of money for all the mods I have so naturally I wanted the best tune.
I installed a Magnuson TVS1900 under the supervision of Mike Moro last year. Joe remotely tuned it, and then he fine tuned it at Branson. I absolutely love it. I did various upgrades in preparation for the s/c, suspension, cooling, transmission, etc to increase the margins as I live in a hot environment. The truck drives totally normally, unless you put your foot down and then you need to have your wits about you as things begin to happen fast. As an R weighs 4600+lbs, it’s not a dragster or a race car, but it is a lot of fun.

The TVS1900 installs without the firewall modification needed for the TVS2300 to fit and it is more efficient lower in RPMs. The TVS2300 fits, but requires the firewall to be moved back and it is more efficient at higher RPMs than the TVS1900. In street configurations the TVS2300 is underdriven and the TVS1900 is overdriven.

Both the TVS1900 and TVS2300 are a kick in the pants. Joe, Mike and I had quite a fun conversation after we returned from back to back runs of our trucks, Mike’s has a chrome TVS2300. Joe and Mike are absolutely awesome to work with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts