Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MagnaCharger is putting a supercharger in my SSR January 1st!

·
Registered
705 Posts
come on man, you know you can't tease us like that:boxing

Give us some details. How much? Who is doing it? What state are you from? How much HP are you gaining and what are they promissing you in 0-60 and 1/4 mile? How would the warranty be effected by this and would magnacharger cover whatever warranty Chevy would not cover as a result of this? Please pleasse please answer fast. I'm next in line....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a phone call from magna they said they want to take my car for 5 days and put the charger in. They want $3500 for it
no labor fees, because it'll be the first one. i dont know what labor will cost on anybody that wants one after me. I will find out and i will keep you updated. there saying around 450 hp.
you'll be hearing all about it after it gets done.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Where are you located and will it efect your smog or warranty?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I talked to magnacharger people (Kevin) and he said they are not doing anything to anyone's SSR. They are working on some dummy SSRs trying to come up with a specific kit for it and they expect it to be ready in Feb or March. Price $5900-6900 for the kit only. Installation is extra. He told me he has no knowledge of anyone getting a deal (no installation fee) for being the first install since they have no plans on installing one for a commercial purpose until the kit is officially out. He is the account manager at MagnaCharger and he said he would know of any deals or the first SSR mod.

I am not trying to be rain on anyone's parade but someone here is BSing us. It's either magnaCharger or Caveman is pulling our legs. Can it be that you are getting it done elsewhere other than MagnaCharger people. Lingenfelter people told me that they can use the existing kit MagnaCharger has for their small block engine truck and modify it for SSR. Is this what another outfit doing for you? MagnaCharger did not recommend that and said to wait a couple of months and get the kit specifically made for SSR. That's what I will do. In March I'm gonna drive the car down to Lingenfelter and they will install it. I just hope I can still get it for $7500. That price was based on the kit costing $5100.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have no intentions of getting into a flame war with you. I told you in that other post ( http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=473) that I would not even be able to get it done in CA anyways. As I saide before there is something fishy going on and it's not necessarily you. It maybe that they don't want the general public to know about the deal you are getting. You were the one who mentioned it here. If you didn't want anyone else to contact them, why didn't you keep it a secret? So it seems that you are the lame one....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if someone else was getting a charger put in before everyone else i would be a happy man to listen to some guys details on how it things or going or how they went. im trying to be nice here and give you guys the scoop on what i got going on. im sure everyone one here would like to hear about it, other then some guy talking trash. I figured you especially would like to hear about it. Your MagnaChargers biggest fan.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I am very interested. I'm not talking trash. What makes you say that. I was just curious... Sorry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts