Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone make a supercharger kit for the SSR yet. I installed the Manga Charger on my H2 and really like the improvement. I think that this would be a good mod for my SSR when in it comes in. :party

·
Registered
705 Posts
do a search on the site with my username. MagnaCharger is coming out with one.

Someone by the name of Caveman or something told us all he was getting one in Jan 04 but has since disappeared. He was either full of it or they messed up his car so bad he can't show his face. I'd be interested to know if he was actually serious about the thing...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Neal, I see you live in Indiana. Did you have Lingenfelter work on your H2? I have also talked to them and they told me they can modify the existing kits to fit the SSR but MagnaCharger told me to wait until March/April until they come out with a specific kit. The cost of the kit is between 6-8K they told me and Lingenfelter wants another 1500.

Who did your H2 and how much did it cost you? Lingenfelter is the man East of Mississippi.

BTW, you must really like Yellow, eh?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did my own install on the H2. The magna charger unit is very easy to install. It took about seven hours to complete.

C

·
0 Posts
On a sad note...did you guys know John Lingenfelter passed away on Dec 25? :angel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Veteran racer Lingenfelter dies on Christmas day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Rob Geiger, NHRA.com
12/26/2003
John Lingenfelter
Longtime NHRA racer John Lingenfelter passed away Thursday evening Dec. 25 at Adams County Memorial Hospital in Decatur, Ind. He was 58.

The owner of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering for the past 30 years, Lingenfelter was a decorated drag racer who most recently competed on the Summit Sport Compact Series.

Lingenfelter had been in a semi-comatose state since November 2002 when he entered into a coma during surgery that was necessary due to a racing accident in Pomona, Calif., in October 2002

·
Registered
705 Posts
that's sad. I know it's selfish to ask this but how is this going to effect the quality of work they do? I'm planning on a trip there in June or May.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've contacted Whipple about a kit for the SSR, but their reply indicated that their plate is too full right now to be interested. I am still awaiting a reply from Kenne Bell. Magnacharger indicates on their website that they are currently working on a kit for the SSR, probably to be released in March.

B

·
0 Posts
I contacted Kenne Bell a couple months ago. They were looking for an SSR as a test. Someone in the LA area may be able to work a deal.

Contact James Schoenhofen <[email protected]>
"We are pretty sure the 6.0 supercharger kit that we have will bolt on but we would have to make sure of clearance and programming. We need to get a vehicle and if your around the area or know of someone in the area we can work something out. We thank you for your interest in Kenne Bell superchargers."

·
Registered
349 Posts
SSR Supercharger

I have received a cordial reply from the technical director at Kenne Bell. They are going to be developing a kit for the SSR very soon.

Check out their website! There is a multitude of good educational information about supercharging, including info about the differences in types (Roots type, centrifugal, twin screw, etc.). The best info is in the FAQ section, but it takes a while to read through all of it.

My conclusion is it will be worth the wait for the Kenne Bell kit!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts