Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We have a special offer presented to us so we are passing some more savings along to you with a group purchase that will be running through Sunday evening (10/30). 10 or more orders are required for this offer to go through. Pricing is lower than they allow us to advertise so you will need to give us a call or e-mail to receive a price quote.

This GP covers all header packages that Dynatech produces so be sure to let us know what you are looking for when you send over an e-mail.

Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763).

Have a good day!

·
Registered
501 Posts
install tips

For you guys that plan to do your own installs,I've got two tips that will sve you a few hours of messing around.
The install guide that comes with the kit is excellent but I had conciderable trouble installing the passenger side in from underneath.In fact I wound up putting them in from the top.If you move the coolant bottle out of the way and move the starter as far forward as you can, the header falls right in from the top side without any banging or pounding NO JOKE.
The second tip is ,leave the crossmember in and cut the stock pipes before the bend behind each catalitic converter and remove the stock system. This takes only minuites compared to hours.(note: make reference marks on the pipe before you cut.Makes it easier to reweld if you decide to go back)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are folks going with this and then having 3" true duel exhaust custom made with flowmaster 40's????

Just getting started so looking for the right package to let the 05 breathe! Fast advice appreciated to meet the deadline listed......

I

·
0 Posts
will these headers plug into the stock catback? all i did was a weld-in muffler

B

·
0 Posts
Yes they wil fit right to your stock catback. That was the way mine was for a while. Mine are 3" collectors. I can't speak for yours. Be sure you get the hi flo cats if you do this with the headers.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
The Supermaxx headers come in TWO versions: with and without the hi-flow cats. Be sure to specify you want the version with the hi-flow cats!

If you do not, you will need to cobble together a setup which includes the stock cats, as you need the cats for both emissions compliance and proper operation of the oxygen sensor feedback system to the PCM. Although the version with the hi-flow cats costs about $300 more, this is in reality the cheaper and much better way to go than the cobbling route. :)

If the price is decent, it's hard to go wrong with these headers, because they are (a) good, and (b) there is no other apparent good chocie that me or anyone else has been able to find.

A good "regular" price on these (with the hi-flow cats) is around $1250 to $1300, so I am assuming the group buy price being offered is better.

Don't forget to budget for the install if you cannot do it yourself. The very best price for an install I have seen was $300 (from a competitior to TByrne, who wil go unnamed in this thread of course), but that was unusually low because he has an installer who has done lots of them and knows all the tricks I guess. Most shops will want to charge at least double that if this is the first set they have done on an SSR.

These are a necessity if you intend to get big power out of your SSR at any point, but don't expect them to add more than 10 peak hp or so BY THEMSELVES on an 03 / 04 SSR, maybe a bit more on an 05 /06. They improve air flow impressively, but only after you have also removed the OTHER plugs in the system (like the catback).

You will need a dyno tune as well to optimize any gains, of course, so budget for that too.

More details in my book.

Jim G

I

·
0 Posts
curious what it sounds like soundwise? i have done headers on my old 89 GT mustang but i never heard a major sound change!

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Ironmedic: The headers will make a detactable, but not prominent change in sound by themselves.

The audio festivities begin in earnest when you also add dual exhaust . . . :)

Jim G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts