Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
"It's time to have a membership drive!"

In my opinion anybody that uses this web site regularaly should be a
Supporting Member. All non members are nothing more then FREELOADERS.

Lets all support our SSR web site & join today! Anyone who can afford a SSR can afford a $25.00 membership fee !

JOIN TODAY

K

·
0 Posts
I am a supporting member of this site, and I wanted to take the time to comment on what b#llsh*t your comment is. Many of your so-called "freeloaders" contribute valuable comments to many of the topics discussed, and we would all be the poorer without their knowledge. I understand that $25.00 isn't a lot to many of the people on the site, but forcing others to contribute will only leave us with a smaller knowledge base.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ken'sssr said:
I am a supporting member of this site, and I wanted to take the time to comment on what b#llsh*t your comment is. Many of your so-called "freeloaders" contribute valuable comments to many of the topics discussed, and we would all be the poorer without their knowledge. I understand that $25.00 isn't a lot to many of the people on the site, but forcing others to contribute will only leave us with a smaller knowledge base.

First let me congratulate you on your vast use of the English language.

I STAND BY WHAT I SAID !!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
KENSSR,

I agree and it isn't just the money. Some do not want to use PayPal and others have their own reasons.

Personally I do not care if people choose to be a supporting member or not; I care about what they bring to this site.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Topcat55 said:
First let me congratulate you on your vast use of the English language.

I STAND BY WHAT I SAID !!!
Since you brought up the use of the English language...... The word is spelled "members" not "memrers"

Most of the people that post regularly on this site are supporting members. Those that aren't have their reasons. Whatever those reasons are is their business. To force membership on somebody would not be proper. Would you not let a person into a church because he did not have a couple bucks to throw into the collection plate? I think not.
Those members that choose not to become supporting members still contribute their knowledge to help all of us. Maybe as time goes on and they see the value of the information they get from this site they will become supporting members. It should not become a requirement.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
dingbat said:
Since you brought up the use of the English language...... The word is spelled "members" not "memrers"

Most of the people that post regularly on this site are supporting members. Those that aren't have their reasons. Whatever those reasons are is their business. To force membership on somebody would not be proper. Would you not let a person into a church because he did not have a couple bucks to throw into the collection plate? I think not.
Those members that choose not to become supporting members still contribute their knowledge to help all of us. Maybe as time goes on and they see the value of the information they get from this site they will become supporting members. It should not become a requirement.
Sorry Topcat, but :agree

Many people belong to more than one forum and if they had to pay to use all of them, they'd go broke. Although I think we have the best forum in the world, and I was a Supporting Member within days of finding it, I wouldn't want to lose some good members because of forced billing.

Now, if we could just get these non-Supporting Members who are nothing but troublemakers off our site, it would be GREAT!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
I agree!

Buffy said:
... Now, if we could just get these non-Supporting Members who are nothing but troublemakers off our site, it would be GREAT!
:agree I second that motion! :thumbs

·
Registered
178 Posts
Topcat55 said:
"It's time to have a membership drive!"

In my opinion anybody that uses this web site regularaly should be a
Supporting Member. All non members are nothing more then FREELOADERS.

Lets all support our SSR web site & join today! Anyone who can afford a SSR can afford a $25.00 membership fee !

JOIN TODAY

For someone that wants to have a membership drive that sure is a funny way to kick it off dontcha think? Don't most people having membership drives start off by stating the features and benefits to Supporting Membership status. Then perhaps make a plea to keep the site going and growing may be even a little tiny scare tactic that if there aren't enough members it might go away. AT least that's how my local Jazz Radio Station does it.

WOW!!!! I have no idea how to respond to being called a freeloader.

As someone that hasn't even owned his SSR more than a month I would say that it is entirely possible that I will at some point join but seeing as I haven't even made my first SSR payment yet I think it takes a certain kind of individual to ask me to pay them first before my Truck. LOL I hope the irony doesn't escape us all there.

But on the same token since coming here the last few weeks I have been referred to now being a freeloader and segregated as a NON supporting member to differentiate betwen Supporting Members and just plain ol' members. I think the distinction should be obvious.

I actually respectfully asked this question a couple weeks ago and still it seems that Supporting Members (The Pit Crew) see and refer to others as NON Supporting Members as such. While it is obviously accurate to differentiate the two this way is it the BEST way to refer to us as NON Supporting Members. Or as I read it: 2 catagories MEMBERS AND SUPPORTING MEMBERS.

I suppose I say this because all this time I thought I was a Member of an online community of SSR owners. As opposed to a Non Supporting Member of an online SSR community.

Would love to hear more about this from the Supporting Members. And I submit this as respectfully as possible and in advance I may have painted with a broad brush here but that is why I am asking for clarification since everyone here has a different take on things. IE: not trying to stir a pot.

Coz

P.S. and if I'm one of those trouble makers let me know so I don't waste my $25 only have Buffy kick me out :jester totally just kidding

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I joined as a supporting member simply because I have learned so many valuable items over the many months I lurked before becoming registered on the site. The information I obtained helped in my ultimate purchase of a 2004 Ultra Violet SSR on September 13th. I did the same thing on the Corvette Forum when supporting membership became a reality. My join date on the Corvette Forum was June of 2000 and over the years I learned many valuable items and felt it was worth the $25.00 for the information garnered over the years.

I don't begrudge anybody for not joining a particular forum as that is a personal choice. I just feel, especially in the case of the SSRFanatics, that the $25.00 is well worth the price of admission.

Randy

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Coz said:
But on the same token since coming here the last few weeks I have been referred to now being a freeloader and segregated as a NON supporting member to differentiate betwen Supporting Members and just plain ol' members. I think the distinction should be obvious.

I actually respectfully asked this question a couple weeks ago and still it seems that Supporting Members (The Pit Crew) see and refer to others as NON Supporting Members as such. While it is obviously accurate to differentiate the two this way is it the BEST way to refer to us as NON Supporting Members. Or as I read it: 2 catagories MEMBERS AND SUPPORTING MEMBERS.

When you asked that question on the poll I started a few weeks ago I attempted to respond. Somehow there is a glitch in the program that would not let me respond in that thread once it was moved to the poll section, which I asked Marc to do. It has happened before and for some reason I, being the originator of the thread, was locked out from responding. Now is my chance.
The phrase "non supporting member" was used only to refer to someone that wasn't a supporting member. It in no way was meant to be derogatory to anyone that chose not to be a supporting member. Maybe wording it different would have made you feel better, maybe not. I could not go back and edit anything or maybe I would have.
Happy now????

·
Registered
178 Posts
Dingbat

No worries here at all. I've never taken any offense to the Non Supporting tag. I was just wondering back when you did that poll if there was a catagory I was missing. Because I thought there were only 2 as I stated. Trust me I have pretty thick skin not too much rattles me. Only reason I brought it up was because of above mentioned thread started as a "Membership Drive" Which I can see is off to a fast start. Let's check the Tote Board.....drum roll.....

Wish there were better Icons for tongue in cheeck editorializing. For those that care, most of my posts may come off as angry mad or bitter but to suffice to say I come from an Italian backround where it seems like arguing but it's just called small talk in my house. :lol

Coz

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Hey, Coz

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who is prepared to contribute good information is a valuable asset, whether or not they choose to become supporting members.

The site had an issue with one person who become pretty abusive a few months back, and wasn't a supporting member. I didn't feel he had the right to berate others, and took him to task at that stage about paying his share.

There are many others on the site, some for extensive periods, who have chosen not to become supporting members, and this is the first negative comment I've heard.

Most of us have paid up because the site has given us a lot of valuable information - that's a personal decision, and not one that should affect your status or activity on the site.

Don't let it get to ya! -

Ray

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I was one of the first Members and I was one of the first Supporting Members. After a year my membership ran out. I considered not renewing it because I felt the only reason for the membership was to pay for the cost of developing and hosting the website. I paid the first time because I wanted a place to learn as much as I could about the SSR as I could. Now I felt like there are many Supporting Members and the cost of running the website is covered by others now, but then........Long story short, I feel that not everyone has to be a Paying Member, just enough to keep the site up and running and I will be one of the ones to help make that happen :)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
looking4_an_ssr said:
I was one of the first Members and I was one of the first Supporting Members. After a year my membership ran out. I considered not renewing it because I felt the only reason for the membership was to pay for the cost of developing and hosting the website. I paid the first time because I wanted a place to learn as much as I could about the SSR as I could. Now I felt like there are many Supporting Members and the cost of running the website is covered by others now, but then........Long story short, I feel that not everyone has to be a Paying Member, just enough to keep the site up and running and I will be one of the ones to help make that happen :)
I agree.. I give to help keep this website here so that we all can share information. Troy is a great guy as I am a member on the xlr, sportbike and Corvette forums as well.

I would hope everyone would want to help the site with a small contribution of $25. Lord knows there is a ton of information here and it would be a terrible thing to loose because of some money issues. No one is forcing anyone to donate but everyone should see how it helps.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Me Too!

StepPrinting said:
Freeloader here... ;) ;) ;)

I honesty haven't stepped up to supporting member because I like the "Senior Member" Status...It makes me feel older :jester

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

As with anything I never sign up unless I feel it's worth my time and most of the time I give my time away for free. Don't take me wrong I like to feel things out a little before I sign my name. Heck I"ll donate all of my time to anything I feel is important. My 1 year anniversary in coming up in November and that's when I will decide if I'm planning on being a supportive member or not. I have been donating time to the SSR-club.com site a long with reviewing the posts on this site. I wasn't even sure I would keep the SSR after a year. But at this point I know I am hooked on both the SSR and this Fanatic Site. I feel that it should be at ones own pace. Pushing someone to join will cause a loss of interest. I like my Senior Member Status too but I am looking forward to Supportive Status.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well as long as people don't treat us regular 'members' as freeloaders :lol I think plenty will pony up there $25 when the time is right. I know I plan on it.

And just so you know, not much gets to me. It's all good fun.

rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff

rule #2 It's ALL small stuff

Coz

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I don't care if your a "Supporting or Non-supporting" member, I've learned so much from (almost) everyone here that I feel it was well worth the $25 I spent to "support" the site.I never really look at who is a supporting or non-supporting member,what's the point if you learn something?
I don't have a wealth of knowledge about the truck, so by being a supporting member I feel like I am kicking my 2 cents in. :seeya

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.