Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many proposals from strangers or near-strangers (not propositions - I'm only counting the ones with the word "marriage" in them) have you gotten in your SSR?

I've had six in five months - two last night at the Chevron (one man got down on one knee next to the gas pump and proposed when I put the top down to show him how it worked)

It ain't me - it's the truck (trust me, and 30 years of dating experience, on this one)

Those of you who are deluged with suitors anyway, please only count the "extra" proposals that you consider to be SSR-related.

I am curious as to whether this is a Southern phenomenom, or more widespread.
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
Maybe it is just you :) maybe the SSR is just the way for them to be brave enough to come forward. Nothing like this has happend to me in Texas! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,003 Posts
proposals from strangers, ha ha ha ha

No proposals, but hubby gets a little frisky in the front seat.!!! :glol :glol :glol
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Not happenin' in WI

KY-I'm gettin' a little worried about you with those KY boys! Sounds like they are a bit starved -for good HP and good women!

My answer dittos woohoo's...and I like it!

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I guess that answers my question..

wipurplechick said:
KY-I'm gettin' a little worried about you with those KY boys! Sounds like they are a bit starved -for good HP and good women!

My answer dittos woohoo's...and I like it!

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

Well, I thought it was a bit odd myself - I was sorta hoping it was happening to other SSR drivers, too. It's a little eerie when 'will you marry me?' precedes 'what's your name?' in the conversation.... Or, when it's shouted across 2 lanes of traffic at a stoplight... Or follows "do you want hot or mild sauce?" at the drive up window. But, hey, it makes life interesting.

Apparently a lot of men here in KY have not heard of pre-nuptial agreements, and want an SSR pretty badly.


Guess we can close this thread - y'all have answered my question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,950 Posts
Depressed

Well your thread has made me a little depressed.
My friends told me when I bought my SSR that "even I could pick up women with this truck" To date (18 months later) I've only had one woman ask for a ride and she wanted to know if I would drive her back to her trailer park. :cry :cry

Wait...maybe if I washed it :glol :glol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
KY ultraviolet said:
Apparently a lot of men here in KY have not heard of pre-nuptial agreements, and want an SSR pretty badly.
I've heard of a "pre-nup" and I'm in Ky.Don't want to get married to get an SSR.
I think It just might be the fact that a lady is driving such a machine that is getting to the gents around Louisville. :thumbs
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
KY Ultra-don't take what I said the wrong way!

KY ultra-I don't want you to think I was implying that there's anything wrong with YOU--if I gave that impression, please accept my apologies.
And, I wasn't disrespecting all KY gents-so KYSSR,-I apologize to you, too, if you thought I was--
I was just kidding around and did not intend to insult anyone....
but I've got to admit, I've not gotten any proposals. Maybe it's because the hubby is with me 90% of the time (which is good for the frisky factor, at any rate!)

At any rate, I apologize if I offended anyone.

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"
 

·
Boop Op A Doop
Joined
·
30,422 Posts
Men approach me all the time when I'm in the SSR. I'm alway's asked if I will take them for a ride. They all know I'm married, but it's dosen't really matter to them. I'll take them for a ride in the SSR and no other ride if that's what they are insinuating. I have had a proposal and I think it's just because it looks like I have a lot of money! After all what guy wouldn't want to marry a woman that was well off! This SSR attracts all kinds of people. In owning one you have to be ready for the unexpected!!!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
Didn't even cross my mind as an being disrespectful. Don't worry about that.

I kinda wish a female would propose to me :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
KY ultraviolet said:
How many proposals from strangers or near-strangers (not propositions - I'm only counting the ones with the word "marriage" in them) have you gotten in your SSR?

I've had six in five months - two last night at the Chevron (one man got down on one knee next to the gas pump and proposed when I put the top down to show him how it worked)

It ain't me - it's the truck (trust me, and 30 years of dating experience, on this one)

Those of you who are deluged with suitors anyway, please only count the "extra" proposals that you consider to be SSR-related.

I am curious as to whether this is a Southern phenomenom, or more widespread.

Someone attractive to my car, is not someone, I would want as a suitor for my daughter. Or, my son. Looks like people fall into the product propoganda, that certain cars attract the opposite sex. If I need a car to attract the opposite sex than I'm in big trouble. And as far as KY men being whatever it is someone else mentioned.. men are men no matter what state their from, and hopefully so are the women.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top