Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Different Dimensions Auto Cruiz In
Is hosting a Car show to support the National Junior ROTC Program in Suwannee School
The Show will be held NOVEMBER 7th at the
Live Oak/Suwannee County Fair Grounds Coliseum
From 09:30 Am to 4:00 pm

All classic/ Antique/ Muscle/ Kitcars Hot rods and Rat Rods Welcome

Admission fee is $20.00 Professional judging
Contact [email protected] or call 386-365-4774 For details

Lets start these future Military Officers off right with a little financial help for their ROTC program

Lets see some SSR's there

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is hosting a Car show to support the National Junior ROTC Program in Suwannee School

Lets start these future Military Officers off right with a little financial help for their ROTC program

If I am back to myself I will try to make it.
Mike

·
Registered
63 Posts

Do you have an address?
Mike

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,550 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Live Oak is in Suwannee County Florida . On I-10 Half way between Jacksonville and Tallahassee Fla. The Location is on County Road 137 West of US 129. Come off I-10 South into Live Oak Cross the Rail Road Tacks . Contine South on 129 to ( Ohio Street) . 4th traffic light turn WEST . Go through the Round About continuing west on CR 137. Approx 1 mile you will see the Fair Ground on the North side of the road .

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked yesterday . This Car Show is a GO regardless of the virus stuff. Registrations are underwway.

Bring you R and help support JROTC.

Im already registered. Contact me if you need any more info ..

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR Black
8 Posts

Thanks for the info. Hope to see you there.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I checked yesterday . This Car Show is a GO regardless of the virus stuff. Registrations are underwway.

Bring you R and help support JROTC.

Im already registered. Contact me if you need any more info ..
@Layne12gun: Plan on bringing "Ole Psycho" down for the car show, anything else I need to know - thanks

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Good Morning - all of a sudden, plans to attend have been thrown up in the air - yestereday was a son-of-a-gun. First, a close associate tested positive; then, took "OlePsycho" for a top-down cruise to Savannah and surrounding area, and on the way home threw an engine light, and started to stall at when I would slow down for a signal. Reminds me of incident last year when I finally had to send under hood fuse box to Dictator for wiring repair - don't think it can be the same thing so soon, have to start looking into it - sooo, plans thrown a curve. Was looking forward to it, had planned to drive down early morning and either drive back after event or stay, glad to know about Holiday Inn Express which sounds like a better idea should I get lucky and things change..
Don

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,448 Posts
Good Morning - all of a sudden, plans to attend have been thrown up in the air - yestereday was a son-of-a-gun. First, a close associate tested positive; then, took "OlePsycho" for a top-down cruise to Savannah and surrounding area, and on the way home threw an engine light, and started to stall at when I would slow down for a signal. Reminds me of incident last year when I finally had to send under hood fuse box to Dictator for wiring repair - don't think it can be the same thing so soon, have to start looking into it - sooo, plans thrown a curve. Was looking forward to it, had planned to drive down early morning and either drive back after event or stay, glad to know about Holiday Inn Express which sounds like a better idea should I get lucky and things change..
Don
Glad u made it home safe

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,448 Posts
@Trygodfirst: thank you my friend, I greatly appreciate the kind words
When we cracked up Saturday morn the no oil pressure came on and oil pressure gauge showed zero pressure
After not hearing any engine knock but immediately shutting her off and retrying on the fourth attempt all was clear.
A new truck to us with 49k miles I spoke with @Dicktator who calmed me a bit and said nothing if out of the realm of possibility but with no knock he felt it was electronic.
Requested we pull fuse 27 for 30 minutes
to reset computer. We did so and carefully watched our oil pressure to the event and back. Need to get ignition control switch replaced ASAP and much more
Take care friend and be safe

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
When we cracked up Saturday morn the no oil pressure came on and oil pressure gauge showed zero pressure
After not hearing any engine knock but immediately shutting her off and retrying on the fourth attempt all was clear.
A new truck to us with 49k miles I spoke with @Dicktator who calmed me a bit and said nothing if out of the realm of possibility but with no knock he felt it was electronic.
Requested we pull fuse 27 for 30 minutes
to reset computer. We did so and carefully watched our oil pressure to the event and back. Need to get ignition control switch replaced ASAP and much more
Take care friend and be safe
@Trygodfirst: When I purchased my 2005 approximately 2 years ago, I thought everything was great. Bought in Tenn and drove back to Savannah and that is when the troubles began - thus the name "OlePsycho" - thank goodness I found this website with these wonderful friends. My R only had 40K miles, but had be heavily modified. The previous owner did a very good job with the modifications, in excess of $45k over five years. The first two months, OleP spent more time at a friends auto shop than at my place. Finally after replacing the fuse box, ignition switch and main ground wire, things began to improve. Still had a pesky electrical short that I could not trace, fortunately, I located a master mechanic at local dealership who knew something about the "R" - two days and a host of headaches (on his part) he was able to trace a frayed ground wire atop the main frame. According to the mechanic, he found the problem quite by accident while running his hand along the top the main frame. I will tell you, I was so frustrated I became afraid to drive other than to work and back, my wife refused to take leisurely drives more than a few miles at a time - I actually considered selling my dream machine that I had waited 15 years to repurchase (bought a new 2005 upon release in late 2004, sold after 10 months when gas prices hit $4 per gallon, I could not afford to drive as a second vehicle). Finally, rare events started to even out, ran quite smoothly through the following summer, lots of fun, but every now and again a new problem would emerge, as you can tell from my previous post. Don't get me wrong, I love "OlePsycho" - even though I have spent a small fortune maintaining and adding bling, etc. - even had a professional ceramic coat, after spending yesterday cleaning two weeks worth of dust, finger prints, resetting minor tune with new Diabalo unit that I recently purchased, dealing with latest codes, etc., I have refallen in love my baby - took her for a short drive, top down and my permigrin is once again right side up from ear-to-ear. Moral of my story, and I am sure for many others, these are very tempermental "experiments" (many posts from some very smart people about the reasons why this is the case, issues that I never considered when refalling in love with the whole concept of these unique roadsters). Not for the faint of heart, but for me at least, a wonderful way to spend leisure time while transitioning from a hectic teaching/administrative career into semi-retirement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts