Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Dictator - I have a top problem that I haven't seen a discussion on my issue. I get a "T-Lat Hall switch" failure indicator when I try to move the top. With the truck on and in park, I depress the brake and engage the top down button. The motor begins to run but only for 1 or 2 seconds. The top doesn't move, but once this process has started, the Roof Ajar indicator come on and beep alerts start.

In the past, once I get the indicator, if I turn of the truck and restart, I can get the top to finish its' move up or down. Recently, even that hasn't worked. Based on the descriptions that I have read on the forum, I'm certain that it must be a stuck micro switch but I am not sure which. Also, if I can get the top to open, how can I access whichever switch is the issue?

Thanks for your help!

Tebbys
2006 Pacific Blue Auto:blue:

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
972 Posts
Hey Dictator - I have a top problem that I haven't seen a discussion on my issue. I get a "T-Lat Hall switch" failure indicator when I try to move the top. ... Based on the descriptions that I have read on the forum, I'm certain that it must be a stuck micro switch but I am not sure which. Also, if I can get the top to open, how can I access whichever switch is the issue?

Thanks for your help!

Tebbys
2006 Pacific Blue Auto:blue:
Tebbys, use the link below to visit Dicktator’s Library. This issue is addressed in the file titled “T-Latch Roof Fix”. You can read it online or download the file for future reference. The T-Latch fix is an easy DIY job.

Dicktator’s How-to Library

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T-Lat Hall Switch

Hi Carlbush and Dictator - I have gone to the library and read thru the T-Lat thread and my problem is a little different. When I attempt to lower the roof it doesn't move, I hear a the first sounds of the roof unlatching but that's it. The T-Lat Hall indicator comes on and won't go back or down. The Roof cover stays locked.

Over the past year, the problem seems to have changed. In the past, I could power off and then retry and that doesn't work reliably. For long periods of time, if I had been able to get the roof all the way down and locked, I would just leave it down and in the garage. I know diagnosing a problem that changes is tough!

So Dictator if you can find the time to get to Orlando, I am free now thru Sunday. I am happy to meet you at a place that you prefer.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Bill

[email protected]

·
AZ SSR Daily Driver
496 Posts
Replacement switches

Mikey just helped me on my roof and I was concerned that the micro switches are very fragile. Has any one ever tracked back to the original source these switches?

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,656 Posts
Hi Carlbush and Dictator - I have gone to the library and read thru the T-Lat thread and my problem is a little different. When I attempt to lower the roof it doesn't move, I hear a the first sounds of the roof unlatching but that's it. The T-Lat Hall indicator comes on and won't go back or down. The Roof cover stays locked.

Over the past year, the problem seems to have changed. In the past, I could power off and then retry and that doesn't work reliably. For long periods of time, if I had been able to get the roof all the way down and locked, I would just leave it down and in the garage. I know diagnosing a problem that changes is tough!

So Dictator if you can find the time to get to Orlando, I am free now thru Sunday. I am happy to meet you at a place that you prefer.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Bill

[email protected]
Carl Bush is a lot closer than we are and my SSR Tech guys are scattered for the rest of the month, including me. If you can get with Carl who is knowledgeable on the roof it will lot quicker.

I won't be able get Tech guys together in Orlando until Sept.

Dicktator

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Mikey just helped me on my roof and I was concerned that the micro switches are very fragile. Has any one ever tracked back to the original source these switches?
They are not fragile, being a relative term for plastic pieces. They are not exotic either, but a common electrical/electronic supply item.
It they need your attention, keep calm and carry on. More stuff gets broken because we are nervous about breaking it, than any other cause. :lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carl Bush is a lot closer than we are and my SSR Tech guys are scattered for the rest of the month, including me. If you can get with Carl who is knowledgeable on the roof it will lot quicker.

I won't be able get Tech guys together in Orlando until Sept.

Dicktator
Hey Dictator & Carlbush - Just checking back with you guys. I wanted to see if we can arrive at a date to get together this month in Orlando. I would like to propose a day between the 21st and the 29th of Sept. I appreciate the opportunity and your time. Let me know what may work. Lunch will be on me!

Tebbys:blue:

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
few years back, Art was able to source them at RadioShack for not much $$.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
T-Lat Hall Switch Failure

Hey Dictator & Carlbush - Just checking back with you guys. I wanted to see if we can arrive at a date to get together this month in Orlando. I would like to propose a day between the 21st and the 29th of Sept. I appreciate the opportunity and your time. Let me know what may work. Lunch will be on me!

Carlbush and Dictator - I hope that you guys are still open to helping me on my top issue. I can't even get it to open it basically just unlatches and then I get the T-Lat Hall Switch failure. I am willing to meet you at a convenient location of your choice.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Does anyone know what part number it is from RadioShack?
I emailed the original manufacturer and a few distributors with the
original part number and manufacturer.
I got the typical response when inquiring about a part for an SSR.
NONE!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
T-Lat Hall Switch failure

You need someone to look at your Roof!

Do some reading on How to Library under "T" latch, Roof Ajar and chaffed wires.

I can get over to Orlando, if you can make drive, we will fix your roof or at least tell you what the problem is.

Dicktator
Dictator- any chance that we can meet up sometime soon? I am willing to come over to Clearwater later this month if you are available? It's time for the roof to up and down. I know that you like a challenge!

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
972 Posts
Tebby,
I am in Atlantic Beach, FL. If you are willing to make the drive, I am available most days to help diagnose your problem. You just missed the Tech Day held on Saturday in Deltona, FL. 23 SSRs in attendance, including 3 with roof issues.
Cheers, Carl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts